One Hundred and Seven

As Gary and I got ready for bed we chatted about our busy day, all Taylor's gifts were packed away neatly and he was still sleeping soundly when we checked in on him.

"I told you they would!" Gary looked pleased with his prediction.

"Yes..you did..did you know?"

"Well we had a heart to heart on night on the tour, he said how much he was missing her and couldn't ever think of being without her. He asked about us and is it as good as it looked, as in being married. I said twice as nice." Gary pulled off his socks and put them in the laundry bin.

"I can't imagine Howard married...he doesn't seem the type"

"Well I hope he proves us all wrong them. He likes her I know that much"

"And she him! Wonder where they will hold it?"

"Hmmm...not sure. Probably Stone Henge knowing Dougie!" Gary smirked.

Slipping into bed, I suddenly realised I was exhausted and could help but let out a huge yawn.

"Hey! I forgot to tell you. I got a call from John this morning."

"Hmm?"

"Yeah! He had a letter from this lady who has a sick daughter."

"Let me guess? She loves you and wants to meet you!" I huffed.

"No! And don't be like that..we've talked about that!"

"Sorry...go on!"

"Well she asked if we could arrange a small intimate gig in aid of the girls condition. The Charity that supports the families...you know?" Gary slipped into bed beside me rolling onto his side facing me.

"Hmmm...really"

"Baby...don't fall asleep I'm trying to talk to you!" Gary ran his long index finger up my arm.

"Hmm... Oh Sorry! Charity you said." I stared into his thick green eyes.

"Yes..I was wondering if you and Anna would BV for me?"

"What? Wait! What?"

"Backing vocals"

"Yes I know what BV's are! Me and Anna?"

"Well yeah..I know you loved the New Years Eve gig...and you both smashed it!"

"But I haven't sung for ages..and I don't think Anna has either!"

"But you loved it right? And I want you to do 'Days' with me?"

"Gary that was just me messing around...I don't think I could sing it on a stage"

"You so could! Maybe get some singing lessons in..I know a great bloke!"

"Well...I....let me think about it when I'm not so tired..I need to think"

"Cool....I've said I'd let John know in the morning, but forgot all about it till now..so sleep on it and we'll chat in the morning yeah?"

"When were you planning it anyway?"

"Well I was thinking Halloween, but that maybe too short notice..."

"Geesus Baby! Don't hang about will you!"

"Well the lady's daughter hasn't got long..."

"Oh...poor thing!"

"So you'll do it?" Gary slid closer and placed his face in front of mine on his pillow.

"Seems I don't have much choice huh! But only if Anna agrees...ok?!"

"Thank you...thank you!" And he plonked a kiss on my mouth. "Night Baby! I Love You"

"Love you too Barlow" I said closing my eyes giving in to my tiredness.

Next morning Gary got on to John.

I cooked up a huge cooked breakfast for everyone and left it to keep warm on the Bain Marie.

"Something smells good!" Howard stretched as he padded barefoot into the kitchen.

"Thanks"

"Oh you made breakfast too?" He flashed an evil cheeky grin.

"Har har! You know where the plates are.. Help yourself!"

"Cool! Thanks for letting us stay..wheres Gaz?"

"No worries! He's in the Garden on the phone to John.."

"Geesus..I try my best to to talk to him as least as possible! Dick!"

"I get the impression you're not a fan of your manager How?!"

"Could say that! But he brings in the gigs..so I'll tolerate him for now! wow..this looks scrummy!" He piled his plate high and poured himself some juice from the fridge.

One by One they all followed their noses and found the kitchen.

Once I'd eaten I took my tea outside to allow some space for everyone in the kitchen. Gary was still on the phone. Pulling my dressing gown around me tighter I sat at the garden table.

"Yes mate!.....Well get in touch with her and arrange a date..tell her it's all go.....I'll draw up a set list and go over it with you......yep, she's up for it....perfect yeah the November one would be brilliant!....ok mate....bye!"

"'SHE hasn't said yes yet?!"

"Aye ....you will!" He winked walking over and placing a kiss on the top of my head before heading indoors.

[ SHIT! I GOTTA SING!]

A few minutes later Anna joined me outside. Carrying her breakfast plate she sat opposite me at the table.

"Gary said you wanted to ask me something?" She sipped her tea.

"Did he?...chicken shit!"

"Eh?"

"Oh nothing! Um...yeah he had a call from John, some lady asked if Gary would do a small gig in aid of her daughters charity."

Between mouthfuls of food she said "oh right..that sounds good!"

"Poor kid."

"Hmm...what's that gotta do with me? Are all the boys doing it?" She filled her mouth again.

"Um I dunno...I don't think so...he wants us to do BV's?!"

Nearly choking on her sausage Anna coughed.

"What?!! You serious?" Putting down her knife and fork she sipped her tea.

"Deadly! I said I'd only do it if you did!"

"Oh my god! I haven't sung in ages!"

"No me either...he said he'd sort us some lessons with some guy he knows!"

"Oh right..you wanna do it?"

"Well I don't think I have much choice..bit nervous of singing that song I wrote though!"

"Wait! You wrote a song?"

"Yeah...didn't I tell you? Ages ago! Just for a laugh..but he wants me to sing it with him on stage."

"Oh god!" She carried on eating. "When?"

"Well I think he's got a November date sorted.. I heard him say to John"

"Geesus! Don't leave us much time!"

"I'm sure things will come flooding back I spose...and we loved it last time didn't we?"

"We have all those BV's to learn on the new songs."

"He hasn't sorted a setlist yet..so I guess well only need to learn the ones he uses."

"Looks like we're doing it then!" She smiled. "Hey! Great news about Sam and Howie huh?!"

"Yeah! I'm well pleased for them..right...I'm off inside..getting chilly"

"Sure babe..see you inside"