Chapter Eighty Six

August and September typically was the hottest months for years, my Cankles were throbbing all day, I felt huge and I was permanently exhausted. Gary lovingly rubbed my feet, adhered to my every need and rubbed oil every night into my belly.
Gary had had the girls over to stay for a few weeks of the summer holidays, I was under strict rest and he wouldn't let me lift a finger, but those girls were so good, I just had to disobey sometimes. The times I got caught fixing them some food or a drink I got a telling off, Gary just wouldn't let me do anything.
The 3 girls we extremely excited as predicted, Belle was still very young, but knew a new baby was coming soon and referred to my belly as 'Ba Ba'.

One September night as Gary was sat beside me on the sofa rubbing oil into my achy feet a huge grin adorned his face. Spotting it I asked what he was smiling at?
"I just keep thinking how lucky I am.... A few years ago I was so unhappy, I never thought I could ever feel this happy ever again."
"Then I came along...squealing your name!"
"You looked so sexy that day, I was so embarrassed and bashful..I don't think I could look you in the eye."
"Oh you did ... believe me! I will never forget that week. I'd never seen that bashful side of you before. The cheeky side on Twitter, yes! All the time..some of those late night tweets!!! Wwwoooo!!"
"Yeah ... Well... After a few red wines..I am liable to say anything me." Gary Chuckled.
"Oooooommph!!" Something pulled inside my huge stomach.
"WHAT!!! What's wrong??" Gary's hands pulled away, like he was afraid he hurt me.
"Stop jumping every time I groan!!" I rubbed my side.
"I can't help it!!! I'm getting nervous! I was like this leading up to the girls births.."
"It's just stretching out again.....argh!!!" I gritted my teeth as my stomach changed into some really odd shapes..
Gary reached out and placed a hand on my naked bump, somehow he had a way of calming the baby with just one hand, he slid down and snuggled under the crook of my arm and slowly trailed his hand around my belly.
"You're like the baby whisperer!! I should hire you out!!" I grinned, happy for some relief momentarily.
"Knows Daddy's here..feels the warmth of my hand, hears Daddy's voice don't you...little one!?" A small kick was his reply from deep inside my uterus.
Then he began singing....he knew this calmed me as well as baby...and tonight's rendition was 'A million love songs' I closed my eyes listening to his soft voice. I knew he'd be a great dad. I saw what he was like with the girls...I just hoped I would be a good Mummy.

"Hey You!" Gary said as I opened my eyes "you looked so peaceful and I know you haven't slept much the last few nights, so I left you there. Must have been knackered you've been there all night!"
"What time is it?" I said stretching out.
"8:15..I've made you some tea and toast, I have to pop over to see Julie, see the kids for a bit, then I'm gonna pop to Tesco for some bits, do you need anything? Anything for the hospital bag?"
Gary was annoying organised sometimes, there'd be times when I'd go to do stuff, it would already be done. I knew I shouldn't complain, but my nerves were irritated a lot recently. I put it down to being this close to the birth.
I knew I was a very lucky girl to have this wonderful man in my life and with his baby within my belly, things were just right at the moment, we were so happy, I didn't want anything to spoil it.

"Nope! I think all the Bags are sorted, ooooh but I'd love some 'hobnobs' !!"
"Choccie ones??" He knew me soooo well!
" mmmmmmmmm.... Please?"
"Just ring if you need me, OK???? ANYTHING!!! PROMISE!??!"
"Yes my love....I promise"
With a peck on the cheek, he was gone.

With Gary doing everything recently I got so bored, so I'd been writing down lyrics on a pad. Nothing to Gary's standard. But I moved them round a bit and made them rhyme..glancing up my eyes move to the studio.... Could I?

Now watching Gary and the boys playing in the studio, I knew my way round it a bit by now. I decided to go in and try and record my lyrics to the tune I found a few weeks ago whilst I was snooping. Perk of a thatter wife!

Waddling over I punched in the security code to open the door, closing it behind me I found his laptop under piles of music sheets, opening it up I vamped it up and found 'demo 11' and clicked play and repeat and pause. And on the desk I hit the record button. I then made my way to the booth and set myself up and said into the Mic "Melissa Barlow - Days".
Using the remote I hit record again and the track started playing in my earphones. I sang the song through 5 times and paused the recording. Leaving the booth I listened back and picked the best bits of the 5 recording and edited them together. I had my demo.
Pleased with the end result I burned it to a disc and returned the studio to its original state.
Gary would probably laugh his head off, but singing relaxed me and definitely calmed the baby. Think it was a Take That fan already!!

Gary returned at 2:30, as I was making a cuppa in the kitchen. He'd taken the girls to the park, and got some food bits in Tesco.
Gary saw right through me, and asked what I'd been doing all morning whilst he dipped his biccie in his tea.
"Oh not much! I've been bored recently, and I came across one of your demos while I was tidying...I wrote some lyrics as they've been popping in my head.

"You what?! Hahahahaha" he teased.
"Oi! Don't tease me...I was bored..."
"Which demo number was it?" He sipped his tea. "You serious?"
"Yes I'm serious....demo 11"
"How the hell did you manage finding that? Ok..let's see um?"
"No!"
"No? Why not? Come on ... Promise I won't laugh?!"
"No!...I already recorded them anyway!"
"What!? How..you don't know how?" He looked shocked
"Yes I do!! I do watch you lot playing about in there you know!!"
"I'll have to change the code again...grrrrrr" he grinned, I knew he was teasing me. "Can I hear it??? please??"
As long as you don't laugh." Now nervous of his reaction

[ SHIT! WISH I HADNT HAVE TOLD HIM NOW!!!]

He went to the studio and retrieved his laptop...and plonked in the disc as I handed it to him. He grinned a cheeky grin.
"If you laugh I swear I'll leave!" I wagged my finger at him. "Seriously ..I was just messing about I know it's shit!"
"Yes...I know!" The track started....it played the whole way through, he never said a word.
Once it had finished I said "well?"
Gary pressed stop and looked up at me. "Stunning!" Then he smiled.
"You're having me on! Come on tell me the truth!!"
"Seriously... I love it! A few tweeks here and there, maybe some male backings, but... Yeah I'd record it!"
"You serious???"
"Yeah...course I am..you know I'd tell you the truth!"
"Well, I'm shocked...thank you Captain" rewarding him with a cuddle.