Chapter forty three

All the way home I questioned myself...What was I doing? Why was I so mad at him?
I did keep looking around as I walked home but I never saw him following me. He arrived back at the house about an hour after me.
"Baby, I'm sorry!!..." He looked upset "I really didn't know she was gonna be there...I swear!!"
I hated our fight..I stood up from the sofa and wrapped my arms around him. "It's ok, really. I don't know why I acted like that..I love seeing you with the kids..I really do.."
He winced "I feel a 'but' coming on here?!"
"BUT.......it was just so awkward for myself...and Julie!... I want the kids to like me for me..in their own pace..."
"I DIDNT......" Gary said with a raised voice....I cut him off this time...
"I KNOW YOU DIDNT......AND DONT SHOUT AT ME GARY!" I dropped my arms away from our hold.
Gary put his hands over his face, wiping them downwards. "Sorry...." He said mournfully. "But I didn't make her do anything ...it was her choice Baby...she really loves you"

"Look...meeting the kids like that is great..but seeing your ex's ugly mug just threw me a bit...let's take this slowly yeah?" I held each side of his face tenderly.
"Deal!" He smiled "Right.....What we gonna do now??? Fancy a game of Twister?!!" He said raising an eyebrow.
"Hahahahahaha...errr...no! I fancy a MOVIE?!" I said rubbing my hands together that were still cold from our morning walk.
"Oooooooooooooooooooo........ A blue one???!" Gary said with a glint in his eye.
"NO BARLOW!" I swiped his arm "a black and white one!!" I was at last getting immune to his eyebrow wiggling charm!!

The fresh air must have done me good as I fell asleep during the movie, Gary woke me as he rose to retrieve the DVD from the machine.
"Oh sorry baby .... I didn't mean to wake you...you looked so peaceful!" Gary said as he crawled over to the DVD player, showing his bum crack!!

[ hmmmmm.....mmmmmm yummy!]

"Oh your phone rang as well while you were sleeping, I was gonna answer it so as not to wake you, but it said unknown caller, so I cancelled it....." Gary pointed at my phone on the arm of the sofa.
"Again!!! Grrrrr" I said not realising I'd said it out loud.
"......and I think you had a text t........Wait?!!! You said AGAIN?! How many of these have you had????"
"Oh...um....just one..... It's probably nothing...I wouldn't wor....."
"Tell Me Melissa!!" Gary looked dead serious. Walking on his knees over to me.
I sighed aloud. "When we were in the park, when I was on the bench, i had a message from unknown."
"What Did It Say??" He said in the monotoned voice.
"Um ....it....it said "ARE YOU SLEEPING WITH GARY BARLOW?" I winced.
He placed his hands on his hips "That doesn't sound good!"
He was starting to scare me now.
"You really don't think it's serious ...do you?" Trying to sound positive.
I picked up my phone and checked the new message.
"Unknown recipient." I said looking at Gary.
"And what does it say?" He said calmer this time.
I entered the message .... He peered round to my phone screen.

YOU WILL PAY ..... BITCH!

I dropped the phoned and Gary pulled me in tight..."Thats it!! I'm ringing the Police!! Bastards!!" He said not letting me go an inch.

Gary spent 20 minutes on the phone to the Police. They said they would send an Officer round to take a statement.
Within 10 minutes the doorbell rang. Gary approached the door and peered through the spy hole and opened the door to 2 male Police Officers.
"Hello Mr Barlow?!" One said
"Come in" Gary said and gestured them inside. "This is my girlfriend Melissa." Gary introduced me. They both shook my hand.
"Can I get anyone a drink?" I asked trying to look calm
"No Thank-You!" They both shook their heads.
"Please....!" I said gesturing them to the sofa.
"Ok then let's start with Backround."
I gave my name, address, DOB and mobile number.
"Do you know of anyone who has a grudge against you whatsoever?" One said as the other scribbled away in his notebook.
"Um....in September I was nearly raped by a man at a friends wedding" I said gently.
"Ok?... Has a complaint been filed on this event?" The same Officer said.
"Yes, he was charged in November." I hated reliving this.
"Ok! His name?" Gary sensed I was getting upset.
"Sean Robert Williams" He said for me.
"Ok! So he's already in custody?" The officer looked at me smiling slightly.
"Yes" I nodded.
"Anyone else??"
"Ummm...I don't think so...apart from thousands of take that fans!?" I tried to lighten the mood.
"Huh?!! Oh yeah! My wife is a big fan too!" Said the officer that was sat down writing in the notebook.
"I suppose dating a popstar idolised by thousands can have some drawbacks!" Said the other. "Ok! Well we will take your phone and monitor your calls and texts for a while then get back to you with the results and where we go from there....in the meantime I suggest you let your trusted friends know your phone is indisposed for a while and to contact you some other way?"
"Can you trace them?" I asked hopefully
"Well we have trained officers in that field of work, so hopefully yes!" The senior officer said.
"Ok! well I think that's all....would you like to make any calls or texts before we take it?"

I tapped a brief non descript message into the phone and sent it to my most trusted contacts. Once they had sent I handed it to the officer along with the charger. They both shook my hand and said they would be in touch.
"Thank you very much!" I said rising to see them out. Gary saw them to the door, shaking their hands too. "Thanks guys!"
"Nice to meet you Mr Barlow" Gary sighed as he closed the door behind them.

Gary's phone rang...
"Marky!" Gary said to me. "Hi Marky!"
Mark had rang to see if I was ok...after receiving my text, Gary explained in more detail and Mark said Sam had a similar experience a while ago. He also said he'd pass it on to the other boys. Gary thanked him for ringing and hung up.
"More drama in the Barlow household...." I said sadly.
He walked towards me and hugged me tight. "Please don't worry, we will sort it....I promise!" And popped a kiss on my forehead.
"You don't think this is to do with Sean ...do you?" I said worryingly
"I don't think so.....but let's leave it to the police to sort huh?!" He squeezed me tight again.