Chapter forty six

When he was done he left the booth, I depressed the record button again and reached for a tissue.
"Gees Mel, you scared me...I was just laying down some lyrics"
"I know I heard them!!" I said wiping my eyes.
"You alright?" His turn to be concerned.
"Yeah...powerful words that's all!" I blew my nose.
"Awwww nice of you to say so!" He smiled.
"Oh um....Vicki text Gary's phone ...looking for you, she's coming over...she's really sorry Marky" I said sadly
"Hmmm...I hate it when we fight!!"
"Sometimes essential though!" I reminded him. "There's a coffee there, probably cold now!!" I laughed
"Thanks Mel....I mean it!" Mark smiled
"It's only coffee Marky!! I laugh.
"I don't mean the coffee"...Mark grinned!
"You're welcome ... I'll leave you to it and send Vicki down when she comes ok?"
"Ok!" Mark lifted his hand to answer.
On leaving the studio I remembered Gary was still asleep! now feeling slightly worried why he was sleeping so much! I decided to check on him again. I climbed the stairs and peeked into our room...he was still softly snoring.
I approached the bed and sat beside him...feeling his forehead. He was burning hot!

"Gary?!" I said softly..he stirred.
"Gary Baby....Open your eyes?" He opened them groaning. "I feel like crap!" He said.
"Yes! you're burning up! Working too hard Mr Barlow!! It's gone 12.... You've been asleep for hours.
He started to shiver.
"Stay here...I'll go get you some painkillers! I woke with a sore throat this morning, so I wasn't my singing after all!" I winced as I swallowed.
"AAARGGGHHHH..that means I'll have to cancel Elton!" He frowned.
"Aw Baby, we can do it another day..I'm sure! When you're better." I kissed his hot forehead and left to get his tablets.
As I descended the stairs the doorbell rang..I hurried the last few steps and peeked through the spyhole. It was Vicki.

I opened the door, "Hey Babe!" I said giving her a hug. She entered the house.
"You ok?? You look a little flushed and upset?" Vicki asked.
"Eh?? Oh yeah...Marks in the studio, I took him a coffee and he was singing...made me cry he did. I then checked on Gary and he's poorly, so I came down to get him some meds and you rang the bell.....think we need a butler!!!" I joked
"Aw well I'm here now...so if you need me just shout! Is it ok to go through to Mark?" She smiled
"Yes...but don't throw anything....it's expensive!!!" I giggled
"Nah ...I won't!!" She laughed.
"Do you want a coffee?"I asked on my way to the kitchen.
"No thanks I'm good ta!"

I made Gary some toast and his favourite topping Strawberry Jam, a fresh orange juice, grabbed some tablets and his phone.
"Here you go poorly Boy!" I sang to Gary as I entered the bedroom.
"Ugh!!! Thanks Baby!" Gary looked awful, bless him.
"Oh John text earlier, I didn't read it, Mark came round upset cos him and Vicki had a tiff, Vicki text to see where he was ..I said he was here so she's now downstairs in the studio with him, doing the make up thing! I gonna pop to Morrisons for some bits! Ok?"
"Can't Mark go with you?!" He croaked.
"Nah...he's with Vicki now...I'll be fine! I'll take my car!" I grinned

I hadn't driven my car much yet, the interior still smelt new and the paintwork was sparkling..I backed it out the garage and closed it with the remote. The looks I got driving along to Morrisons!!
I made sure I parked it away from all the other cars as I know what people are like with trolleys. I parked up and checked my mirror to make sure I presentable...I'd learnt the press could be anywhere now...even following me to The supermarket.

[MEH!!!! ILL DO!]

I collected my trolley and on entering the door I was greeted by the smell of fresh bread, a smiley lady approached me.
"Hi!" She smiled "I know you probably get bombarded with this but...aren't you Gary Barlows Girlfriend?"
"Umm....yes I do! ..... And yes I am!!" Sounding very smug!
"Wow! Lucky lady you are!" She shook her head slowly "I saw the boys at Wembley in July, they were fantastic!!" She grinned
"Ah right..yeah...My friend and I went too." I politely smiled back.
"Would it sound odd if I could have a picture with you? Only I am a really big fan and I really respect Gary for moving on....that Julie was a BITCH! She sneered.
"Oh ...um...yes sure!" I smiled holding my tongue.
She got out her phone and tapped a few buttons and stood beside me as we posed.
"Oh thank you so much for your time Mel!" She looked well happy. "Oh can you sign something too. My daughter would kill me if I didn't get one?!" She rooted through her bag and pulled out and envelope and pen.
"Haha...sure!" I said..I suppose I would have to get used to this now!
She handed me the envelope and pen and I signed my name. Still felt odd!
"Thank you so much again Mel!"
"Not at all....pleasure to meet you." I smiled and moved off. I heard her shout "Oh give Gary my love ...won't you?"

[ALREADY BEEN HERE 10 MINS AND HAVENT EVEN STARTED YET!!!]

The rest of my shopping trip went fairly smooth...until I handed over my card to pay for the shopping.
"Oh??? I thought I recognised you, you sang backing vocals for Gary Barlow didn't you on New Years Eve?" She smiled
"Umm...yep .... Guilty!!" I laughed.
"Well I have always loved Take That... especially that Gary!!" She grinned at me.
"Ah I will tell him you said so!" I sighed and smiled.
"Wow!!! Like you still keep in contact with him like?!!" She said obviously not working out who I really was.
"Erm ....yeah! Regularly!" I gave a false grin losing patience now.
"Oh you couldn't tell him Mandy from the 4th row on New Years Eve..the one he winked at....says hi?! Could you??"

[ OK ENOUGH!!]

"Look, I don't mean to sound rude, I have somewhere to go...and my frozen is melting?!!" I gestured towards my card in her hand, but she was staring away into mid air with a dreamy look in her eye. I leaned across and whipped my card from her hand, and added a "thank you!"
I quickly rolled my squeaky trolley to my car, pressing the button on the remote to open the boot. Virtually throwing in the shopping, I pressed the button to close the boot..whilst marching to return my trolley to redeem my £1 coin....marched quickly back and jumped into the drivers seat....finally I was safe!!

[SHOPPING ONLINE FROM NOW ON!!]

Arriving home I unlocked the door announcing "I'm....home!!!!" Not that I got an answer!
After I'd put the shopping away, I took Gary up some Choccies I'd picked up for him to cheer him up and a lemsip.
"Oh ...Baby there you are?! I was getting worried...about to send out a search party?!!" Gary croaked.
"Sorry Baby! Kept getting stopped! " I laughed
"Oh god!! How many??" He cringed
"Hahaha only two mingers!!"
"Hahaha...OW!" He said holding his neck.
"Here....I bought you some lemsip....and some of you favourite Choccies!!!!" I said shaking the box at him!
"Ooooooooo!" He smiled sitting up "but I'm getting bored now up here on my own..Mark came up about 20 minutes ago to say he was off!" He pouted opening his Choccies.
"Awwwwww....Poor Gazzy Bazzy!!!" I pinched his cheek and planted a kiss on his dry lips. "Here drink this!!" I said handing him his lemsip.
"Thank you Baby!...I think I needed the rest!" He said sipping the lemony drink.
"Yes you did...let that be a lesson to you...getting run down makes you poorly, and besides I knew you were poorly you slept for hours on end and that isn't like you!" I plumped up his pillow. "Now I'm gonna go down and get something to eat and I'll be back up ...ok??" I kissed his slightly cooler forehead.

After I'd eaten I made a cuppa and carried it upstairs with me, it was only mid afternoon, but who cared...who would turn down being in bed with Mr Barlow at ANY time of day...even if he did have a stinking cold!!!