Chapter Eighty Eight

Gary rang round everyone to tell them our news. They all were very shocked that overnight we had suddenly produced a child, but equally happy and excited to meet him, and they were all pretty much astounded that Gary had actually delivered him.
Anna's squeal was audible across the room and Gary even pulled the phone away so she didn't deafen him. Gary's girls were very excited and Becca even said they'd bought him a present.
We drew up a plan as to when people could meet him so we didn't get bombarded all at once, Gary's Girls being the first. They each had their cuddle and all very gentle, they'd bought him a huge white rabbit teddy. Which now sat pride of place in the corner Of the lounge.
I took a photo of Gary surrounded by his children, his smile was huge and he looked so so proud..as so he should be. He'd coped so well with all the panic, the midwife even joked at the time to add it to his C.V!

As the days went by, One by one all the Take That Boys met our son, Howard was very cautious, but still joked that he looked like the postman! The cutest reaction was Mark. He just oozed cuteness and he cradled Taylor, that Marky grin never left his mouth and it reminded me of a piece of TV they did many moons ago for a show called 'The Ozone' they visited that were poorly in hospital, and Mark took a shine to a teeny tiny baby, who incidentally didn't take to his TV debut too well. But Mark got through it like a pro.

"You would make such a cute Daddy one day." I smiled as he confidently moved Taylor around so he was nestled in the crack of his legs.
"Oh don't! Please?" Vicki teased. "He'll be wanting one next?!"
"Hahaha...well why not?!" Gary nudged Mark. "It's the new fashion accessory you know! They attract crowds in the park yer know?!"
"Oi?!! You will not be using my child as a gimmick in the park Barlow!" I wagged a mocking finger in his direction.
"Certainly not my love!" He held up both hands. "Certainly not!"

When Anna and Jay arrived Anna threw her arms around me and gave me some flowers. "Oh my GOD! I could eat him!!" She squealed.
Jay hugged me tight after I'd passed Taylor to Anna. "You did good girl! The girl done good!" He beamed studying the child hard.
"Ay....I did a good job too!" Gary added.
"Yes! And well never forget that huh?" I teased him. But I couldn't resist hugging him as he pouted like a spoilt child.
"definitely another Barlow!" Jay said stoking Taylor's cheek.
Yep...there's no mistaking my kids paternity!" He grinned back to Jay.
"you feeding him yourself?" Anna expertly lifted Taylor up onto her shoulder when he started to wriggle.
" yeah...he's a pro at it!" I said sipping my tea.
"Oh dear?! Gary'll get jealous! Jay did." She said rubbing the child's back gently.
"No I did not!" Jay jumped to defend himself.
"Oh you so did!!!" Anna chuckled.
"Well...maybe a little...but I was happy to share!" He winked.
"Oh Mel...he's stunning..well done Babes!" Anna squeezed my hand with her free one.
"Well I have to admit ... It was all down to Gary...I don't remember much but the pain!" I winced before expelling a spontaneous yawn.
"Lordy, look you're probably exhausted..we'll let you get some rest." Anna expertly scooped Taylor off her shoulder and handed him back to Gary.
"Yes...bye bye little one..high five for uncle Jay?" He lightly tapped his hand against Taylor's.
After thank you's and well done's, we placed a still sleeping baby back in his crib, as we snoozed on the sofa in front the telly. Who knew being a parent was so tiring?!

After a few weeks, myself and Taylor were in some soft of routine and we were ready to face the world. Gary's management had made the Official announcement, so the papers were full of our faces and the odd one of a car seat or bundled blue blanket.
Gary had been onto his twitter account and thanked everybody for their good wishes and support.
Taylor had had his first photo shoot for OK! Mag, and they covered the story about his daddy catching him at birth. We chose some cute pictures they had taken on a photo shoot with all three of us, to be printed with the story, the pre print copies looked lovely so gave the go ahead.
Gary as predicted was a brilliant daddy, he did everything except feeding. He'd get up at night and gig him about when he was fractious, and even played piano to soothe him sometimes. Sometimes I just watched...just stood back and watched...how did I get this lucky? What was my life like without Gary Barlow?