Chapter Eighty Two The Wedding!!

The sun beat down, not as hot as it had been earlier that day, but still warm when poured into a tight white dress.
Howard beamed all the way, never letting go of my arm. I swear he was near enough carrying me, as his grip on my arm was so tight. Perhaps he was as nervous as me? I guess after all these years he learnt how to hide it.
A few people had had gathered outside the doors to the hotel as we made our way down the steps. Cameras flashed, and locals cheered. All I could hear were 'gasps and wows'.
The local police had stopped the traffic and they lined a track across the road for us to walk. As the sun burned our eyes Howard lowered his glasses. "Let's get you married, Mrs Barlow!" He said softly, only loud enough for me to hear. Causing my belly to flip again and butterflies stir inside me.
We walked slowly to the beach..I said the occasional 'thank you!' To the cries of 'you look gorgeous Melissa....good luck!'
Thank god Howard's strong arm was there for support, as my legs were like jelly, I wobbled my way across the road, trying to look calm. Hoping my smile would trick everyone that I wasn't a complete wreck inside.
As we approached the beach edge..I stopped dead in my tracks....gasping for breath....unaware I'd been holding it....

[ NO......PLEASE DONT PASS OUT!....NOT NOW!!!!]

Fighting against it..I paced my breathing...with my eyes closed...no one would be looking right????
"Mel!!!!" I heard Howard's voice in the distant. "Mel!!! You ok?!!!"
I felt a strong arm around my shoulder. "Mel! Fucks sake answer me!"
My breathing worked and I came back to full consciousness. "Yes! I'm .... Ok!"
"Fuck! Don't do that! You scared the shit outta me!" He still held me tight. "Thought you were gonna faint, run or throw up?"
A few more deep breaths and I steadied myself on my feet...Howard slowly released his tight grip on my waist. "I'm......'foooooooo'......fine" I said exhaling a big breath. "Just panicked a little!"
"Well don't fucking panic!" He joked...smiling sweetly. "It's only Gary!"

[ YER RIGHT!!! ONLY GARY FUCKING BABE MAGNET BARLOW!]

Vicki and Sam must have seen my wobble as they rushed over nearly falling ass over tit on the sand, running on sand in heels.... Was a talent they didn't have!
"Hey! .....Mel?! You ok Babe?" Vicki panted.
"Are you ok????" Sam touched my shaky arm.
"Yeah...yes!" I exhaled again... 'Get a grip Melissa!! For fuck sake!" I scolded myself.
As I glanced up, I could see all the congregations faces, turned round..."oh shit! Tell them I'm ok! For gods sake Gary will be worried!"
Howard looked up and smiled and gave them all the thumbs up. I swear I heard a sigh of relief on the breeze.

Sam and Vicki stood aside and the music started..I took my first steps onto the soft sand, my first few steps to marrying my idol..my lover...my Gary!

As faces came into focus, I saw lots of familiar ones, firstly Gary's girls... They looked so pretty and their little faces were beaming. I also spotted a few stars including Lorraine, Elton, the BECKHAMS. They all beamed as Howard and myself walked past them..my gaze the fixed on the back of Gary and Mark... Gary had had a smart haircut and both him and Mark wore the same suit as Howie was wearing.
Mark was first to turn as I slowly approached walking in time with the music. As we made eye contact ..my tears filled my vision. Marky 's mouth fell open and I saw him say "fucking hell!" And then he turned back and leaned in to say something to Gary!
Gary shifted uneasily on his feet and looked up to the sky and I saw him take a deep breath..

[ WHY WAS HE NERVOUS??? He's done this before!!!]

As I had a few steps to go to receive my husband, my fangirling took over for a few seconds. I couldn't help but stare at his pert ass in those trousers...

[FWWWWOOOORRRRRR]

As I finally reached my man, Mark took a few paces to the right..Gary turned to face me. His hands covered his mouth and he burst into tears. "Oh my......."
"Gary...please...don't....please...don't cry!...it'll ruin my make up!" I touched his hand, Drawing it to my mouth and kissing it. Provoking a "awwwwwwwwwwww" from the congregation.
"Shit! You look Gorgeous Baby!" He wipes his eyes. Turning to Howard he pulled him into a hug..thanking him for taking care of me.
We then turned to make our vows, before god, earth and the people there with us. Not forgetting the press who were very happily clicking away.
As we were pronounced 'husband and wife' Gary wrapped both arms around my waist and pulled me in tight. "I Love You Mrs Barlow." And planted the softest, most powerful kiss I'd ever had on my lips... As the congregation erupted...I simply replied.. "I Love You Too Barlow"