Chapter twenty nine

THE TRIAL cont..

After a medical break and some biscuits and tea I felt a lot better. The court had adjourned for verdict, we'd been in court for 3 hours.
Our lawyer explained this bit was the worst, the waiting, as all 10 members of the jury had to agree one way or the other, and some took ages. But he was quietly confident it wouldn't be too long, given the evidence was stocked up against him. Hopefully all would be wrapped up today.
I hoped so, as I couldn't face coming back again another time...through that crowd....all that build up!!
"I'm so proud of you" Gary said once we were left alone for a rest break.
"My god Gary, I really don't know how! I couldn't have done this without you." My heart was pounding, and for all the wrong "You were so cool in there!!" I stared wide eyed.
"I guess all the years of press and interviews helped, I've had lots of shit thrown at me in the past, I guess I learnt to dodge.!" He shrugged his strong shoulders. "I love you Baby!!" He said very softly.
"I know...and I adore you Babe." I passed the baton back.
"I can't imagine my life without you in it?" Gary started to well up.
"Hey!! I'm not going anywhere! And I never will!! As long as you still want me! So get used to it Barlow."

I felt a lot better now for having that biscuit, I even started to fancy that Chinese we never got round to last night.
After a whole packet of biscuits and more tea then in China, we got the knock on the door of our waiting area. After 3 hours waiting, it was time!
Peter walked to the door and opened it..he turned to us..."we have a verdict!!" He said.
I suddenly felt sick again, breathing deeply I managed to subdue the Nausea.

Gary stood and pulled me up on my feet. "We will be fine! I have a really good feeling." He nodded his head Like he was convincing himself too.
After a big gulp of water, Gary bent down his head and tenderly kissed my lips. "Remember...I'm very proud of you!" He kissed my forehead and tapped the end of my Nose with his finger.