Chapter twenty four

"Would you like a drink?" Gary asked once we the flight had settled into it's cruising height.
"MMMMMMMmmmmm...yes please!" I said sleepily "surprise me!"
Gary rose from his seat and opened a cupboard which slid out into a full range of bar optics.
This was lovely, spending time alone with Gary, it then occurred to me that this was our first date away from Anna and the band.
It felt really strange...like I was back in my dream.
Gary's phone began to buzz on the pull down table in front of me. Memories of 'her' call popped into my head, but I tried to ignore them.
I picked up his phone and carried it over to Gary. He glanced at the display and screwed up his face..."nah!!!!!!" He said "management!!! ..... "Fuck um!"
"They are probably wandering where you are?" I offered.
"Don't care," he said raising that eyebrow of his.
"Gary???!" Something was bothering me.
"Yeah?!" He swaggered over and handed me my drink he had mixed for me.
I stared into my glass.."what will happen to him?"
He immediately tensed his shoulders at the mere mention of him.
"I'm not sure..I assume he will be sent back to U.K for trial!"
"But.....he didn't actually....." I sipped my drink, recoiling in horror. "Ugh! ... What the fuck is THAT!?"
"Drink it...it's good for you!" He chuckled. Then the face turned serious again.
"Indecent Assault ..... ABH.....Attempted rape!????.....who cares, he has it all coming to him!!" Gary frowned
I sipped my drink again.."ughhh! That's awful!!"
"What ????? Miss Evans??? You do not like my cocktails???" He spoke in a stupid northern/Spanish type accent.
"NO! ....you trying to get me drunk Captain?" I placed my drink down on the tray table and shimmied over to Gary by the bar.
"Certainly NOT!!" He laughed playing along
"And why not?!" I giggled
I fell into Gary's open arms, and I gazed up into his deep green eyes.
"Gary?" I said puzzled
He let out a small laugh. "Yyeahhh"
"Did you mean what you said at the villa?"
"What!? That I loved you??" He confirmed. "Mel...I have since the first time I saw you in the unloading bay at Wembley. I've never been a shy bloke before, but...your beautiful eyes just....well...made me..kinda..bashful! Seems every time you are around I turn into jelly!!"
"Hmmmmm I'm not so sure...you didn't seem that bashful in the pool??" I giggled
"That was your fault!!!" He blushed
"Was it now???" I smiled.
"It's really good to see you smile again Baby." He kissed the tip of my nose. "I don't like seeing you cry!" He pouted.
"As long as you are here with me, I am one happy lady." I linked my hands behind his back and started nonchalantly up into his dreamy eyes.
He pulled his head back questionably. "Do you really wanna go home?"
"Hmmm...I don't really know..why?" I guessed this man was capable of cooking up more surprises for me.
"Well....because of the long flight...we have to refuel at Dubai airport, I just wondered if you fancied a little holiday??...we are packed after all?" He said holding out each arm 'matter of factly'
"I guess.....we are?!" I grinned.
[ DU......BLOODY BAI!!!!]

Now I'm no expert on private planes, being it my first time on one. But this one was absolutely cracking. The seats lay back to watch movies..and even lay flat for sleeping.
We found a film to watch and pushed back our seats, huddling together. Now there's a first date for ya!!!

I stretched out as the film ended and yawned. "Gosh, I'm always so tired lately!"
"Tell me about it!" Agreed Gary "Tours, ex wives, children, PA's, signings and a sexy girlfriend....I'm pooped! I'm not getting any younger you know!???"

"Then you have earned a bloody good rest then ...haven't you?!" I nodded slowly.
The flight flew by with just us two talking, laughing, joking and yawning. The pilot announced our descent into Dubai so we sat and buckled up for landing.

As the plane door opened the evening smell of Dubai embraced the cabin, it's amazing how different countries have different smells!
Gary informed the pilot he was no longer needed for the onward flight and would contact the airline to arrange our departure from Dubai.
Gary helped me down the steps into a waiting car, which after our cases were loaded into the boot, raced off into the night to.....who knew where!
On purely the recommendation of the car driver, we arrived at a stunning resort, you know the kind...with wooden jettys, that led to lakes and woven palm leave roofs with heart shaped beds and marble floors. The lake even had a waterfall!!!
"Lucky pick?!" I sneered at Gary, he could have taken us anywhere!!
As we checked in Gary enquired if we could have that particular apartment on the lake. Which they were only to happy to rent out.

A bouquet of lovely flowers, wine and a huge bowl of fruit greeted us as we entered the apartment.
"Oh Gary!!!" I gasped as we entered. "This is pure heaven!!!"
A knock at the door made me jump. But Gary didn't see this time. He answered the door to the porter who had delivered our luggage.
"Please?" Gary used basic English, gesturing him to come in.

"We wish you a wonderful stay Mr and Mrs Barluw" the porter bowed repeatedly as he reversed out the door.

[ OH MY GOD I WAS JUST REFERRED TO AS MRS BARLOW?!]

Gary was getting good at reading my mind, with a laugh he said. "God you're sexy Mrs Barlow!"

[SHIT ...GARY DONT!!!]

"I bloody wish!!" I blurted

[GEES MY GOB!]