Chapter fifty six

"Oh god.....my head!!!" I winced as I woke at sunlight. "What the hell was I drinking??"
"Um a bit of everything I think!" Laughed Gary. Wasn't it supposed to be the birthday boy that had the hangover?
He rolled over and tickled my outer arm with his finger.
"Uuuggh...Gaz ...... Not this morning...." I felt queasy and had a mouth like the bottom of a rabbit hutch.
"I wasn't after anything..I just wanted to thank you for yesterday" he said grinning.
"Aww...that's ok Babe!" I said trying to sound enthusiastic, whilst my belly did Rollie Pollies.
"And....." He continued "how gorgeous that ring looks on your finger!" He flashed a beaming smile. I tried to return one....but my stomach contents decided to make a hasty exit. Running to the loo, just in time.
"self inflicted!" Shouted Gary "no sympathy!..oh and don't worry I won't offer you a fry up!!" He continued as I retched again.

Flushing the loo after I was done, I washed my hands and splashed water on my face. Taking a swig of water I swilled it around in my mouth and spat it down the sink.
"Never again!" I told myself in the bathroom cabinet mirror before I waddled back to bed.
"Tell you what..you stay here...I'll go get some Brekkie and let you get some sleep." He said and he pulled out a tissue and dabbed my damp face.
"If you need anything, just holler...ok?"
"Oh God....your mum and Ian!," I said holding my forehead.
"Don't you worry about them .... My fiancée deserves a lie-in." He winked.
"You sure?" I frowned
"Yes!" He ordered "now get some sleep!"

He stroked my hair a few times and I felt him turn over my wrist. "Shit! Mel!! How the bloody hell did you do that?!! It's purple For Fucks Sake!!"
"Oh...I....banged it on the radiator I think?" Trying to make an excuse for the three marks across my wrist left from Howard's grasp.

I'd not been this hung over in ages, not since Anna and I stayed propping up the bar after a Manchester gig on the Circus Tour..where the boys were staying, we hoped they would come to the bar after the gig, but to no avail.
Apparently about 2 am we got sent out of the bar and we listened at every door on the way back to our 3rd floor room, hoping to hear one of the boys voices...god did we suffer the morning after that.

When I woke again the light was dim in our bedroom, I shot my head round to the clock radio 4:27pm.
"Shit!" I said out loud. What must his family think of me??
Beside the clock radio was a glass of water and some painkillers, propped up in between was a note from Gary. I tried to sit up...but my head would not allow, flopping back down on the pillow I opened the note.