Chapter five

"Wow!" I croaked, voice hoarse from all the shouting and singing. Anna's wasn't much better.
"That was bloody brilliant! She smiled holding her throat. We downed the remainder of our umpteenth drink just as a deep voice startled us from behind.
"Miss Evans?? Miss Sterling?? We swirled around both at the same time.
"Uh....yes?!" Mumbled Anna.
"Did you receive an envelope earlier Miss Evans?"
[SHIT WE FORGOT ALL ABOUT THE PARTY WE WERE ENJOYING OURSELVES SO MUCH]
"Ummmm....y...yes?" I stuttered
"Follow me..." The official looking bloke said with a monotoned edge to his voice.
He turned and led the way.
"Shit! Mel is this really happening or is this the best dream ever??"
"God knows Hun, but I sure as hell hope I don't wake up anytime soon!!"
We started to follow the official, anything could happen, we started to panic a little.
"Shit!" Exclaimed Anna, "Lippy!!" She turfed through her bag whilst we walked through some corridors and what looked like empty warehouses. She handed the lipstick to me to apply some too.
"Scuse me mister?! Umm....where we going exactly??"
He spoke without stopping or turning his head.
"The band wish you to join them on their journey to the hotel, Mr Orange insists Miss Sterling doesn't attempt to drive back to your accommodation as you both have been drinking alcohol this evening."
Anna whipped her head towards me, "Oh My God!! I forgot we had the car!? And I only put 6 hours on it?"
The chap stopped as we approached the MPV. Turning to face us, he assured us Anna's car would be 'Taken Care Of'. "Please.....?" He gestured with his hand towards the open car door, "make yourselves comfortable!"
We had no idea what we were getting ourselves into, but with all the alcohol in our system neither of us cared, as long as we stuck together.

Inside the car was huge, a row of seats either side and soft music playing, small twinkly lights pulsated from all around the cab where we sat.
Within minutes as if on a perfectly timed schedule, we heard voices coming nearer the car, we both tensed up.

[ PLEASE DO NOT WAKE UP MEL] I told myself.

Howie high fives the official that escorted us to the car. They all seemed on a buzz!
"Are they there??" We heard Gary say. "Yes Mr Barlow, they are." Gary beamed from ear to ear. My heart was thumping, I swear Anna could hear it. "Good!" Gaz looked happy as Larry.
"Hey girls!?" Jason bounced into the Cab with us, closely followed by Mark, Gaz and Howie.
The door slammed shut and we were off into the cool July night.
"Turn the music up James?" Gary shouted to the driver. "And don't spare the horses!!" Added Jason.
"You ok?" Gaz mouthed across the car to me. I turned to Anna who was still holding on to my arm for dear life but happily chatting to Jason about the gig.
I turned back to answer Gaz, but he had his head lent back against the window and his eyes closed. I just could not peel my eyes away from the gorgeous man, each street light that passed, reflected light off of the beads of sweat that adorned his face.I could tell he wasn't asleep as he was tapping his hands on his knees. After a 3 hour gig, He was exhausted. He was chillin'.

The drive to the hotel seemed to be over in minutes.
[ DAMN ...I WAS ENJOYING WATCHING GAZ IN THE DARKENED CAR]
Bright lights shone as we pulled up in from of the hotel.
"Ready Lads??" Shouted the guard from the passenger seat.
"Aye!!" Chirped Mark.
The door slid open letting in the warm breeze that still blessed us with its presence. All the boys legged it in, but Gaz and Jason held back, holding out hands to help us down the small step from the car. I went first....Anna followed very close behind me as we walked up towards the steps to the lobby.
"I think he likes her." Gaz whispered in my ear.
"I think the feeling is definitely mutual!" I whispered back.

I hoped we were thinking the same thing, and secretly talking about ourselves.