Chapter Eighty Three

We were addressed to the room as 'Mr and Mrs Gary Barlow'...the cheer seem to last forever. Together with our friends and family and one or two celebrity guests, we ate drank..and partied long into the warm St Lucian night.
.
I'd phoned Anna again that evening and we cried together down the line.. We chatted through my day and reminisced on how we both started our journey, back in that car hurtling down the motorway to see 'Our Boys' ... So much had happened in the last few years....we so didn't know we'd be here...not in a million years.
She told me the pictures had already been shown in the UK and the press had gone wild. Pictures on the evening news of the ceremony, some footage of us returning to the hotel, our celebrity guests and a tweet Mark had posted wishing us both the best.
She was so gutted she couldn't be with us, but it was far too soon after Maddison's birth and far too hot for a newborn baby. But Gary and myself had already agreed we would have a blessing on our return to the UK. So we were both looking forward to that.

Gary and I ended our special day making love...the first time as man and wife, in the moonlight room, with a soft breeze fluttering the long nets covering the open windows and door leading to the balcony.
The perfect end to a perfect day....our day...our wedding....

Most guests left the next day, some moved on to enjoy their own holiday, most went home..allowing us to enjoy our peaceful exotic honeymoon.

On our return...Gary was not happy. "I don't give a monkeys, you are going..wether you like it or not!!"
He'd witnessed me vomiting alot and having numerous dizzy spells. I also started not eating, hoping that would curb the vomiting, but it just made me bring up bile. I was so paranoid..my clothes got tighter and tighter..I was really bloated all the time.
I assured him my vomiting wasn't a forced thing, like in Bulimic sufferers, but was more like stress...the heat..foreign food...surely!?

He dragged me to the doctors regardless, taking no prisoners, he listed my ailments to the doctor, a doctor he trusted and had used for years.

"Ok.....Mrs Barlow"

[GEE.....THAT STILL SOUNDED WIERD!]

I had to come clean, I was starting to worry something was really wrong.
"I'm kind of worried about the sickness most...why it's so prolonged...a bug would have come and gone...but I still feel sick most mornings"
"Right..." He made some notes on paper and tapped on the computer keys a little. Turning his chair to face me and he leaned forward and placed his hands on his knees. "Ok...sickness this long definitely doesn't sound like a bug, it could be caused my a number of things, which need to be ruled out by doing some tests. Firstly we usually do a urine test, then I think the best thing would be to do some more tests in hospital.
Gary and I looked at each other, reading each other's minds.
"What is.....is...it Cancer?" I frowned.
"Shit!!! no! ...no! ...no! I've on just found her...I can't lose her...no! I cannot!" Gary put his head in his hands gripping his hair tightly.
I broke down too.
"We can't rule anything out Mr Barlow , that's why tests are important. Let's take each step carefully and we will get to the bottom of it...I promise" the doctor tried to keep us positive.
Handing me a pot, he directed me to the loo.
I only just made it before throwing up violently again...sinking to my knees I continued to wretch and heave....there was nothing coming up now...until I saw blood...I swear I heard a banging noise and Gary's voice calling my name over and over again...I tried to call back but nothing came out. His voice then faded out and all was silent again...well at least I wasn't puking anymore....sleep now....sleep.