Chapter Eighty One

"Look we've both been very open here...it's your turn Mel!" Sam pestered.
"Yes How, Mark, Gaz and Jay all know what and who we've done what too anyway!" Vicki smiled.
"You sure you won't get angry!" I insisted.
"Nooooo!" They both chorused.
I still paused unsure.
"Look was it How or Marky?" Sam willed the information out of me.
"Ok! It was Howard....BUT IT WAS ONLY A PECK AND I PULLED AWAY AND....."
"REALLY?!!!??" Sam looked shocked...oh no! I knew this would end badly!!??
"Really??!!" Vicki laughed.

[HANG ON THEY ARE LAUGHING!!]

"It's normally Mark that snogs all the women!!!" Vicki grinned.

[ WHAT A WEIRD DAY .......]

After our pampering and partner revelations we made our way to the salon. They spruced our nails and washed, dried and pinned up our hair and dressed it to perfection.
Retreating to our room, we popped the champagne that the hotel had provided and snack on strawberries they'd left too. This was a life I could get used too!
Bit by bit, we helped each other dress, leaving me till last. By now it was 2:15 and our nerves started to kick in. I snacked on biscuits to keep the nausea at bay.
We hadn't seen the boys all day, but Howard had rang Sam and Marky had seen Vicki earlier in the corridor...not wanting to intrude on our girlie time.
I was slightly disheartened Gary hadn't rang me during the day at all...but maybe he took not seeing there bride before the wedding very literal.
Vicki had made a point of telling me they hadn't shipped Gaz off anywhere as a prank and he was still on the island. That was a bonus...but it pulled on my nerves even more....I was actually marrying a pop star?!! What if he changed his mind??? I'd be a laughing stock!! What would we do about the house???
We were ready!
I stood back looking in the mirror as Vicki and Sam tucked in tags and straightened hems...was that me in there???
My dress was much like Anna's, it was simple yet stylish, showing off my curves, there was lots of lace across the back and it sloped down into a V just above waistline. I had chosen no train as it would be ruined in the sand and it was too hot to carry anyway. I wore a diamond tiara and a short veil pinned into my brunette curls at the back.

"My god you look stunning!! Sam wowed welling up.
"Hey! No ....no...no...NO! No tears you two or else!" I wagged a finger.
"Seriously though..you look amazing babes!" Vicki smiled wafting a hand to stop her tears.

At 3:50 there came a knock on the door...and my stomach lurched...I reached for a bottle of water to sip.
Vicki opened it to find Howard the other side.
"Wow!" He whistled at Vicki." You look sexy as fuck in that!!!!" He lifted her up and twirled her round.
"Mind my hair!!" Vicki protested.
" Baby!!! Let's just go back to our room now and have some dirty sex!" He cradled Sam in his arms and kissed her lips.
"Mind my Lippy!!" Sam resisted.
"Never mind your li......" He'd now come far enough into the room now to see me standing there.

He was dressed in a crisp cream suit and white shirt, wearing brown trendy sandals and sunglasses propped up on top his head.
"Geeesus H Christ!" He froze to the spot.
"Awe How!" I blushed looking at the floor.
"Fuck Gary! Marry me instead!!" He laughed "Fuck ...Mel!!! You....you are....you look....FUCK!!"
"Yes alright big boy!! Stop drooling!!" Sam said checking her hair in the mirror for the last time.
"Right...we're off! See you in 10 Hunny!!!" Vicki said giving me a cheek kiss each side.
"Yes...you look beautiful Babes!" Sam agreed and rubbed my forearm. "And Howard Donald...behave!!!" She pointed a finger at him!

And they were gone.....
"I'm ...I'm ....serious...you ...look....stunning!" Howie said once we were alone.
"Thank you!" I blush.
"Gary is bricking it! He laughed. "Come on....let's just leg it!"
"Oi!!! Sam said behave!" I warned him
"I'm just joshing Babe!! He sighed.
"Is he really that nervous?" I said taking the tone to serious again.
"Yeah he's petrified you won't turn up!"
"Awe really!" I blushed again then sighed
"What's up?...thought you'd be fangirling - Or what ever it is you do?" How nicked a strawberry from the pile we'd been given.
"I'm really missing Anna." I confessed.
"Aw...well we still got time....give her a ring!" How said sipping some champagne.
"Ok...will you help me with my shoes?" I pointed to a big white box that contained my wedged heeled sandals.
"Uhhh...yeah!" He said wiping his strawberry fingers on a towel nearby.

"Hey Mrs Barlow!" Hearing Anna's voice brought a lump to my throat.
"Not yet I'm not!" I said sitting down on a stool for Howard to fit on my shoes who hit pause as he saw my suspenders and garter.
"Eh! None of that talk....you will do fine..just take deep breaths and you'll be fine....we're missing you!" I heard her voice hitch.
"Damn it! I knew we should have made it later, so you could be there with me..I hate this!" Howard puffed as he eventually got one shoe on. " I want you here An... I wanna cuddle Maddison....you should be here?!"
"Hey! Come on! ... Stop this! You're upsetting yourself...you know I would be there guns blazing if I could. The press are going nuts here...you're both headline news you know!"
"I think Hello are covering it." I said sadly.
"Where is everyone!? Come on details....."
"Well everyones gone over I think... And How's here doing my shoes."

"Oh HI Howie!!!" She shouts as I hold the phone out to How.
"Fucking shoes!" He curses as he fights with the second shoe. "Hi Anna, how's Jay and Maddison?"
"Daddy's resting!! Huh! Maddison needs to go to sleep....but she not complying at the moment!" Anna answered.
"Lazy Ass!!! GET OFF YOUR BACKSIDE ORANGE!! Give the Mrs a rest!" How shouts down the phone, as we hear Maddison start to cry.
"Look ...I gotta go Hun..and you'd best be off...you got a wedding to go to! Lots of luv from us all. Thinking of you all!! Byyyeeee!" She yells over Maddison's screams.
"Aww bye Maddison! Love you too An!" I shout back.
"Byeeeee!.....Jason!!! She's done another shit!!" I heard her say as she put the phone down.
"Hahahahaha...poor Jason!" I laughed.
"Horray!! Right CINDERS the shoes are on! Shall we go to the Ball!!???" Howard got to his feet and held out the crook of his arm.
I blew out a deep breath....
"Yep! I'm ready!" I stood, smoothed down my dress again and slugged down the reminder of my champagne.
"You look fucking lush Mel!" Howard said hugging me as I grew closer to him.
He placed a kiss on my forehead. "Gary is a very very very lucky bloke!!!"
"And I'm a very very very lucky girl Howard!" I smiled.
"Ready?" He said softly
"Ready!" I replied.
And I was off...to Marry my idol...