Chapter fifty one

"Happy Birthday Baby!" I said placing a tray on the bed, with croissants, toast, juice and a cup of tea in his favourite mug.
"Awww!" He said sitting himself up. "Wow! I should have more birthdays if this is how I get treated!" He smiled
I planted a birthday kiss on his lips.
I'd nipped downstairs early to wrap his disc that Howard had dropped round yesterday, keeping our engagement a secret from Howard was so difficult...we planned to tell everybody today...I was so excited!
I rang everyone yesterday inviting them round to celebrate Captain Barlows Birthday. His mum and brother were coming to stay over and of course all the boys. Jay was gonna pick up Gary's girls to surprise him later in the day. The coast was now clear at Julies as her boyfriend had been arrested for my call threats. He'd pleaded guilty and was settling out of court, which I was glad of as the last thing I wanted Right now was being dragged through that again.
It really hadn't sunk in yet that I was going to become Mrs Melissa Barlow. I did have a few concerns seeing as I had actually agreed on my comedown of my orgasm, he'd picked me at a weak moment...but having been thinking about it for the last 48 hours...it kinda felt right now!
"Babe?" Gary's voice jogged me out of my day dream.
"Hmmm? What? Sorry Baby!"
"Daydreaming about me again??" He laughed as he popped some croissant in his mouth.
"Err.....oh..yes I was actually!!" I felt my cheeks burn.
"Here!" I said passing him a red envelope.
"Ooooo!" He said still munching away on his breakfast.
He opened the card and studied the words, I'd wrote a little poem inside to make it a bit more personal. Once he'd finished he lowered the card and blinked a few times to clear his eyes.
"Awww Baby!" He said "that's beaudiful!" And leaned forward for a kiss.
"Annnnnd ....with a little help from my friends....I made this for you!" I grinned...excited to see what he thought of it.
His face was a perfect picture as he ripped off the paper.

"What!......What!?....OH MY GOD MEL!!! Is this????........." His mouth dropped open and he looked straight at me.
"Yep......it's our first duet!" I said with tear filled eyes.
"Oh My God!" He was stumped for words. "But......how did you know.....?"
"Well I got bored when you were sleeping last week, so went on a tidying spree...I found myself in the studio and well.......I found the lyric sheet. Put 2 and 2 together...and well...Howie helped me do my lyrics and got it made up for me!" I smiled.
"Oooooooo....that's what you two were whispering about huh?!" He grinned.

[SHIT HE HEARD US WHISPERING!]

"Uh.....yeah." I smiled
"Well........what you waiting for????......PUT IT ON!!!!!!....PUT IT ON!!!!" He said passing it to me and placing his tray to the other side of the bed.
I placed it in the CD player, that we had in the bedroom...every room in our house was able to play out music.

As the tune started, he laid back against the headboard and closed his eyes...listening to the finest points of the song, with a wide grin on his face.
My heart fluttered as I heard my own voice fill our bedroom...

[I WASNT HALF BAD YOU KNOW!!]

Gary remained motionless throughout as I glued my eyes to him for any indication of his approval.
When the song finished he opened his eyes sat up and got out of bed, he made a beeline straight for me.
He wrapped his arms around my waist and pierced his green eyes into my hazel ones.
"Nobody has EVER done anything like this for me before...it's....it's....well I can't find the right words even...you are so special to me Mel and I knew that first moment I saw you at Wembley, I wanted to keep you in my life forever. This is a clićhe about love at first sight....but FUCK ME! I love you more than words can possibly describe.
With that he wiped away one of my escaped salty tears, and kissed me so so gently on the lips.

"Gary.....I......" A finger was placed over my lips, cutting my reply off instantly.
He pulled me in sharp and kissed me deeper than he'd ever done before, I swear his tongue touched my tonsils. Without saying another word he pressed repeat on the stereo, starting our duet over again.
We lowered ourselves to the floor, there and then, his powerful kiss pushed me backwards onto our oversized sheepskin rug.

Our lovemaking was slow, steady and so sensual, this time...just like in the films we had seen together.