Chapter Seventy Seven

After we'd gathered our things and made our way downstairs, we bumped into a lady who was obviously staff and presumably taken over from the man last night.
She smiled sweetly and bowed her head slightly. "Good Morning Mr Barlow...Miss Evans. Sir has informed me you were our guests last evening..would you like some Breakfast?"
"Oh...No thank you we've already eaten, is Elton about?" Gary looked around.
"Oh..No Mr Barlow...he has been called to a meeting today with Mr Furnesh. Can I help you with anything?" The short lady smiled sweetly.
"Oh! Errr...no we're fine thanks..I just wanted to thank him and say goodbye, we have to get back to the house to sort some things out."
"I shall pass on your thanks."
"Yes thank you Tilly...ok shall we go?" He turned to me.
"Yes. Thanks a lot" I smiled sweetly to the lady.
"You're very welcome Sir/madam" Tilly replied.

As we were leaving, Gary said he would ring Elton later to thank him in person. He was extremely quiet on the way home, although he was a very good driver, he seemed more cautious and careful than normal.
"You ok Baby?" I learned over and tickled his sideburn of stubble.
"Hmm? Yeah....it's just knowing someone's been in our house" he said sadly.
"Yeah I know what you mean, not that I donated much to it...must be heartbreaking to see all your belongings broken up."
"Well it's the 'old girl' most of all...it was my great grandfathers..newer pianos just don't sound the same."
"I'm so sorry Baby..I know what she meant to you" I said frowning.

He took a deep breath as we turned into the driveway, there were Police on the gate, that Gary had stopped for IDing. One spoke on his radio to another who stood in our front doorway. I assume to let him know Gary was home.
As we stopped by the porch, the two officers shifted nervously on their feet. We got out and walked up to the door.
"Alright Boys?" Gary spoke to them.
"Mr Barlow...Miss Evans...." They acknowledged us both. "Our victim support team will be here shortly to assist your needs...we are truly sorry Sir." The obviously Senior officer said.
"Thanks Guys you can go now!" Gary sighed.
Gary grabbed my hand squeezing it tight. It was obviously the same mess as last night, but in the light of day looked even more devastating.
"Think we should let the boys know? they maybe able to help with the clear up?"
"Yeah spose..I have to ring John...let him know" Gary sighed again.

I phoned the boys in turn and they said they'd be right over.. I made Jay promise not to upset Anna ...I didn't want her worrying in her condition.
As Gary was still in deep conversation with John I decided to get started and grabbed some black bags from the kitchen cupboard. Now where the hell would I start??

As we heard the sound of the gravel crunching outside, Gary flipped into defence mode. I guessed it may take some time for him to settle again.
Whipping open the door, stood before us were Howard, Mark, Jason, Sam, Vicki and Anna. Wow! That was quick!
"Stupid Police on the gate ID'd the Girls!" Snapped Mark. As Anna rushed over to pull me into a huge hug pressing her small bump into my tummy.
"Sorry Girls thought they had gone." Gary said sadly.
"Tosser!" Mark spat as the door closed.
"Mark, don't worry about it...I spose we look like groupies?!" Vicki scolded him.
"Gaz??!!! What the fuck happened mate? Why didn't you tell us last night?" Howard looked around what used to be our front room.
"Well it was late and we didn't want to disturb you all" I answered for Gary who was starting to get angry again.
"Bullshit! You should've rang" Jason added.
"I don't know why...." Was all I could say before the tears stung my eyes.
"Come on Babes...come sit down..on ...on..."Anna said looking around for somewhere to sit "on the stairs. Jay just leave it!" She flashed him an  unapproving look.
"Bastards! I'm not having you both upset by this!!" Howard growled.
"Pointless mate!" Gary said shaking his head "nothing's safe these days"
"Right...Sam and myself will start in the kitchen and make some tea..somehow!" Howard nodded taking charge of the clean up mission.
"You boys In the other downstairs rooms, Anna and Mel upstairs. We won't stop till this house is ship shape." He was already dialling someone on his phone. Jay was also on his phone to someone else. Turned out Howard was calling a builder mate of his to help us install a security Gate system.  Jay was hiring a skip.
"Mark pulled Gaz into a manly hug. "Shit! I'm so sorry mate!"
"Come on Babes" Anna stood and beckoned me upstairs.
Thankfully upstairs not much was broken, just thrown about the place...most clothes were ripped though so they had to go, all Gary's shirts slashed and torn..broke my heart to throw them in a black bag. Anna made a running list of things we had to replace. We went from room to room noting our loses. We were left with a few items of clothes each and some bedding.
All Gary's suits were ruined, there were a few of the more expensive ones missing, his shoes were all gone along with both our underwear and all of our jewellery had been stolen too. The list was ever increasing. Somethings were just irreplaceable, like one of Gary's chains he got from his grandfather.
Thankfully my ring was on my finger and I remembered Gary locked his jewellery his Dad left him away in the safe. Which was still locked.
I had very little in the form of valuables, so I was more upset for Gary then myself. I was just thankful we weren't here at the time, things may have got serious, considering the huge effect of knife usage in the house.
Once we were done we joined the rest downstairs,the boys were removing the broken wooden remnants of Gary's piano, and throwing them in the now delivered skip outside.