Chapter One Hundred and Ten

Gary opened with lights and lasers flashing, the lights went up and 'Greatest Day' had begun.

An hour in the nerves has gone..we got used to our audience and all the singing smiley faces. They loved it!

Suddenly I realised my time had come...

Gary introduced me with a lengthy speech, telling them the story of how my song had come about. As he said my name I left my safety zone and stepped into the unknown to rapturous applause.

Grabbing his outstretched hand he squeezed it when he felt me shaking like a leaf. Looking side ways on his mic he gave me a wink as he continued to build me up.

Once done, he moved his mouth to my ear and said .. "Smash it Baby!" Before leaving me stood alone while he seated himself at the piano.

I'd sang this song many times..at home and in the studio..I just hoped I wouldn't forget the words.

[ PLEASE JUST LET ME GET THROUGH THIS]

Taking a deep breath I spoke...

"Everybody..please enjoy...... Days!"

Looking back at Gary he said "ok?!"

I nodded ...now or never.

The band began and Gary played the intro. I closed my eyes and shut out my audience. Singing it here, now...was truly amazing. By the second verse my nerves had gone and I was owning my song. Now I knew why Gary enjoyed doing this soooo much.

As I sang my last "yooooouuuuuuu" the band went silent, the piano went silent. My pitch perfect note lifted the roof. I'd done it!

The place went wild. Gary stood from his piano and came over to me clapping like crazy and with a tear in his eye he beamed. I bowed my head politely and thanked everyone on the mic.

Pulling me into a hug Gary said "that was awesome! But I'm still gonna punish you later!" Into my ear.

With just a grin I walked back to Anna and she gave me a hug. "Well Done..you smashed it Babe" Gary began his second set.

Two hours from entering the stage we all exited really pleased with the whole gig. Only one minor microphone malfunction but I don't think anyone noticed.

"That was awesome Mel!" Mike said hugging me with one arm.

"Yeah bloody brilliant!" Milton added rubbing my upper arm.

"Oh My God! I totally get why Gary loves doing it....the buzz is immense."

"Where's my wife?" Gary came round the corner and picked me up twirling me around. I wondered if he was joking about punishing me later? He'd seemed to have forgotten for now anyway, so we just enjoyed the moment.

"I'd better watch my back with another singer in the family." He placed me back onto the floor and hugged Anna and thanked her.

"Wow! Guys that was an awesome show!" Said Jason appearing from the darkness.

We changed and Gary chatted to the lady who had organised the fund raiser for a while we supped drinks and posed for some photos. James drove us home. The car journey was silent. I looked over at one point thinking Gary was asleep, but he just sat staring out the car window. On asking if he was ok? He just answered "yes I'm fine"

I took it he was just tired as I was shattered.

As we pulled into our driveway, I yawned and thanked James. "No worries Mrs B!" He smiled.

Pulling to a halt beside out front steps Gary let himself out as James came round to open my door. "Thanks" I said again. James returned a smile.

Gary walked round the back of the car and thanked James too and gave him a man hug. "No worries Gary! See you next week sometime."

"Yep will do! Night J!" He said with a smile holding out his hand behind him for me to catch hold. He led us up to the steps and paused outside our door, whilst fumbling into his pockets for the keys he said in a monotone voice.

"Now...when we enter the house, I MUST be obeyed. ANY disobedience will NOT be tolerated and punishment will be dealt with accordingly...Do I make myself clear?! He turned and his eyes bore into my own.

Not hearing him with this tone before forced me to let out a snigger and giggle. Surely he was just joking right?

"Sniggering is punishable Melissa. You've just earned yourself your second punishment....whilst we are in this role you will answer only 'Yes or No Gary! ... Do you understand.?"

I wasn't sure if I would like this Game.....but I played along with him ...for now at least and answered 'Yes Gary'

"Good Girl!" He pushed the key into the lock and turned it with a clunk. Swinging the door open wide he said "You will enter and go straight to the lounge where I will meet you shortly!"

"Yes Gary!" I replied. Admitting I felt a stirring down below inside my underwear.