Chapter Sixty Three

"So exactly how much do you get for appearing on TV?" We'd never really talked about the financial side of his work before, but I thought we'd better start if we were to be married after all.
"I think John charges £500 for an appearance and £1000 for a song, but only get a percentage of that of course!"
"WOW!!" Was all I could say.
The conversation carried on all day with wedding plans, prenups and bank accounts.
Gary didn't want a prenup, but I was going to insist..I wanted to prove I was not in this for the money. Marrying a man worth 11 Million pounds could be quite tempting for some.
He insisted if we were to ever split that I would live comfortably for the rest of my life and never want for a thing, especially if we had children together. I just hoped it never came to that.
He also arranged to meet with a solicitor to change his will as well.

Our wedding plans were coming together slowly, we'd booked the wedding ceremony on the beach in St Lucia. A beautiful spot next to a stunning 5* hotel.
It was going to be perfect, we'd booked it for the 25th July, so maybe Anna could join us with her little one.
The guest lists were getting longer and longer by the day, I don't think I'd seen so many famous names in one place before.

One Saturday morning Gary shouted up the stairs to me as I was busy doing chores in the bedroom...
"Eh??" I said coming out to the top of the stairs to hear him better.
"I said......Elton is having a party later and has invited us over!" Gary peered upstairs towards me, he must have been cleaning the kitchen as he had rubber gloves on and an apron over his clothes.
"Hahahahahaha...what do you look like dressed like that!?" I laughed "if only your fans could see you now?!"
"What?????" He grinned holding out his arms "picture of fashion me?!" He turned and did the funniest campish walk back to the kitchen as he could.
"Great!" I said aloud.

[ WHAT THE HELL DO I WEAR TO ELTON JOHNS HOUSE FOR A PARTY?]

I wander back into our bedroom and opened the walk in closet, sliding through the rail I didn't think anything was suitable.
"Great?!" I say again with a sigh.
Joining Gary downstairs he turns to me as I walk in the room ...
"God what's that face for?"
"I haven't got anything to wear that suitable?!" I pout
"Right!!!" He says pulling off his rubber gloves with a twang!

[Ooooh ]

"Get your shoes on!" He said washing his hands in the kitchen sink.
"What!? why?"
"We're going shopping!" He grinned
With a squeal of delight we entered a beautiful boutique called "BALLROOM BELLES". I'd never been in so many fancy ladies shops before, this shopping trip was turning out to be like that woman from 'pretty woman'.

"Afternoon Sirrrr....Mr Baa...aarlow!" Said the snooty lady behind the desk.
"Yeah...afternoon...please can you find my fiancée a lovely dress for a special occasion please?!" Gary said not noticing the woman checking out his nether regions!
"ahemmmm" I cleared my throat to get the woman's attention away from Gary.
Gary had wandered off, he'd had enough by now, we'd been in 12 shops and nothing was just right.