Chapter Seventy Three

We held hands as we walked up a dozen or so stone steps. I just help but admire the stunning house that shone like a Christmas Tree in the dark.
"Beautiful Huh?!" Gary must have seen the expression on my face. "Let's stay a little longer than last time we were here yeah?! No playing on the steps!!" We both managed a chuckle at that thought.

As we reached the door, it opened with a clunk. A middle aged man dressed in a black suit welcomed us inside and stood aside to allow us in.
"Mr Furnesh will be right with you Mr Barlow" he said and bowed his head slightly.

[ OH MY GOOD GOD!] there goes my blabber mouth again!

"Ok...maybe I will do the talking this time eh?!" Gary squeezed my hand and kissed my forehead.
"Gary...Mate?!!" David came round the corner looking forlorn. "What the hell happened???"
"Fucking Vandals!" Gary frowned "even got the old Girl!!"
"NO! Not the piano???!! Shit! Sorry mate I know what she meant to you!" David placed a supportive hand on Gary's shoulder.

"Brian? Please can you collect our Guests cases and take them to guest room 14 please?" David instructed.
The butler bowed his head to David. "May I take your cases Mr Barlow?"

"You both look exhausted ... Here..let me get you a warm drink." He beckoned us to follow him. " Elton's just gone to bed, so he said he'd see you in the morning"
"Oh ok...cool" Gary squeezed my hand again.
"It's very nice of you both to let us stay at such short notice Mr Furnesh!" I said looking at the beautiful Decor as we moved through the house following David.
"Hey...look no worries! We always have room for friends" he said over his shoulder.
We entered what looked like an old fashioned cottage kitchen only on double scale. David poured tea from a huge teapot which had been freshly made.
"Jolly nice to see you again Melissa Dear, after your tumble last time..hope you weren't put of by our chefs cooking!"
"Ahh yeah...about that...I'm so sorry for causing a scene..I don't really know what happened. I also apologise about the flower beds too...I..just.." I dropped my head to look at the floor.
"Oh think nothing of it..were just glad you are ok..besides it wouldn't be the first time the bedding plants were vomited on..hahaha" David laughed aloud.
"Again I'm so sorry!" I repeated.
"Really..say no more about it..here!" David passed us both a cup of hot sweet tea..
"Ohh thank you!" I said sipping my tea.
"Thanks Mate...Thanks." Gary echoed.
"Those damn shoes .... I threw them out...couldn't do the same with the dress though" I sipped my tea again.
"Never mind the damn shoes ... As long as you are ok?!" David smiled politely.
"Yeah, I keep telling her that" Gary smugly agreed.
"Well I'm bushed...so I'm off to bed too. Feel free to watch some TV or have a snack. Brian's on call all night if you need anything at all, just press the buzzer in any room you're in, just by the light switch, he will be only to happy to help." He yawned. "I'll see you both in a few hours for breakfast...no rush ok...get some sleep."
"Thanks again David" Gary shook his hand, sandwiching David's hands between his own. "Really...I mean it"
"I know Gary, and so do we..it's not a problem..room 14 is at the top of the staircase, turn left and it's on the right at the front of the house...sleep well...night Melissa." He retired upstairs leaving us hugging our warm tea cups.
"Night." I smiled.

"Mmmm..this tea is champion." Gary sniffed his cup like it was a medicine.
"Gary?...I questioned.
"Mmm" he said oblivious to my tone.
"We are sitting in SIR ELTON JOHNS HOUSE!"
"Hahaha...I know!" He placed down his cup onto the kitchen counter. The atmosphere turned somber again.
"Shit Baby! What we gonna...."
"Shhhhhh.....don't worry, I'll sort everything..." He swooped on over and pulled me into his arms. I rest my head in my place in the crook of his neck. Gary continued.
"That's what insurances are for!" He tickled the back of my neck under my hairline with his fingers. God I must look a fright.
"Room fucking 14!!!" I sighed "how many has he got for gods sake?"
"Hahahahhaha ...don't know, I've never asked him.....right Missy....Bedtime!" He nodded towards the doorway.