Chapter One Hundred and Nine

The big night came round all to quickly as always, and as we sat in the dressing room Anna and I listened to the setlist and began to warm up. Gary popped his head round the door.

"Sounds great in ere!" he grinned that special grin. "It's lonely in mine, can I join you in ere after sound check?"

"Sure.." Anna giggled. "But you'll have to be quick or there won't be any Choccies left!" She popped a strawberry cream in her mouth.

"On it!" He pointed a finger in the air and disappeared back round the door and it closed gently.

"Gees I'm shitting a brick!" I blew out a long breath.

"From what I heard you will be just fine Babes" she sipped some water.

Another head popped round the door briefly. "SOUNDCHECK PLEASE GIRLS!"

"On our way!" Anna called out.

Twenty minutes later we went back to get changed. We'd picked matching little black dresses. Halfway through changing Gary knocked and came in catching Anna unawares.

"Ooh...Sorry Babe" he said covering his eyes with his hand.

"It's fine Gary, it's not like Shes naked!" I smirked.

"I should be used to half naked girls running around backstage by now, shouldn't i!" He grinned.

"yeah! And they have a better figures!" Anna slipped into her dress.

"Rubbish! There's nothing wrong with your figure Babe..besides they hadn't had babies then, bet half of them don't look anything like they used too look by now!"

"Nice Captain...but I know your just too kind!" She fiddled around with her straps trying to get comfy.

"I'm just gonna use your loo..I'm dying for a pee!" Gary swished past giving me a whiff of his aftershave. He was wearing the one I liked.

Climbing into my dress I cursed as the zip caught my tights. "Grrrr..These were my only pair!"

"just go without Babes..it looks fine." Anna help me do up my dress at the back.

Whipping the tights back off I tossed them in a corner and smoothed my dress back down in front the mirror.

"You looks fab Babes!" Anna said standing behind me with a hand on each shoulder, being that bit taller than me she was clearly visible reflected in the mirror.

"Thanks Hunny, so do you." I placed my hands on top of hers as we silently exchanged good luck messages.

"We must be mad hey?!" She said reading my mind.

Gary appeared from the loo as Jay knocked on the door before entering.

"Wow! You girls look hot...Gazza? What you been doing in here with my wife?" Jay sauntered over and pulled Anna into a hug.

"Oh my God Baby! Didn't know you were coming?" Planting a kiss on his lips she continued. "Who's got the kids?"

"My mother offered! And I wouldn't miss it for the world" he came to me and hugged me Tightly. He smelt nice too.

"Wow will wonders ever cease?" Anna answered Jay while she fixed her lipstick.

"Alright mate!" Gary hand clapped and patted Jays shoulder like men do.

"Am now...I'm off to get a drink in the bar before the gig... Just wanted to say hi before."

"Well enjoy it mate! We'll be on in about 10 I think" I took over doing Gary's tie seeing he was getting frustrated trying to do it up in the mirror.

Looking in the reflection I saw Anna and Jay having a smoochy cuddle.

"Come on Mr Barlow...let's give them some space" I said quietly and nodded to the door.

Closing the door gently behind me Gary pulled me into his strong arms. "Mmmm...you smell nice tonight Captain."

"Why Thank you Mrs Barlow, you don't smell too bad yourself, and that cleavage is indeed ever so inviting, may I say?" Our eyes locked.

"You may indeed...and may I congratulate you on winning the hottest man in the building award this evening?"

Sniffing in his intoxicating aroma and his eyebrow lifted slightly causing my heart to skip slightly. "You may" he said softly and grinned widely and puckered as I planted a soft lingering kiss on his mouth.

My hand wandered away from his right buttock and around the front between us.

"Mmmmmmm...what this?" I said moving him back into my focus.

"Oh No!" He said looking down.

"Oh yes!" My hands felt around the problem. Relieving the zip from it's secured position.

"Oh Captain! No underwear??" I found my jackpot.

"Please...no...God you are driving me wild!" His face turned wanton and completely under my spell.

"Put her down Barlow!" Mike said as he approached from behind him.

"OH FUCK!" Gary mouth as he whipped out my hand and redid his fly.

"Have a great gig guys..." Mike smiled and slapped a hand on Gary's shoulder and retreated down the corridor towards the stage.

"Oh believe me...you will be punished for that later!" Gary smirked as he leaned in for a last kiss. The rechecked his 'dress' and pushed the ominous bulge from one side to the other trying to cover it somehow. Looking up at my obvious amusement he pointed a long finger at me "BIGTIME!"

*TIME BOYS AND GIRLS PLEASE* came a booming voice from the dark corridor.

Anna joined us out in the corridor, followed by a flushed Jason. Turning to kiss her husband she said to him "see you later stud muffin!"

"Stud muffin!" Gary sniggered receiving a slap from his best mate.

"You ok Jay? Looking a little errr flustered?" I said teasingly.

"Yeah..yes I'm fine! I'll just...fuck it! I'll just go find my seat!" And off he went. Leaving me, Anna and Gary falling about laughing.

"You filthy pair!" Gary said

"Um Gary...looks like you ..um..." Anna picked her moment and pointed out Gary's predicament.

"Ahhhh.shut up! It's her fault!" He said pointing at me. Then turning to walk to the stage.

"Come on Ladies!! You're on! Chop chop!" A young stage hand beckoned with his hand.

Stopping for a few seconds to check my eye make up...we linked arms and made our way to the bright lights of the stage.

Memories of that New Years Eve flooded back as we stepped over wires and cables in the dark to get to our mics.