Chapter forty one

"Ok!...Coast is clear!" Gary said popping his head out the cupboard we had fallen into like horny teenagers. We rejoined the others hoping we weren't missed. Most were half deep in their glasses of champagne.
"Ahhhhhhh....here they are??!" Howard announced.
The whole ontorage cheered.
"Did we miss anything??" Gary tried his best innocent look!
"Ummm...yeah!" Milton said laughing. "Umm...New Year!" Everyone laughed as both our cheeks pinked up!
" AHHHHH.....but we saw our own New Year in!....didn't we Baby?" And he patted my bum.

[ SHIT.....PLEASE GROUND SWALLOW ME UP!!]

I couldn't look anyone in the eye! Gary grabbed two glasses of champagne and handed me one. "Happy new year everyone!!" He shouted and raised his glass.
"HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!" They all chorused back.
Anna made a beeline for me and threw her arms around my neck. "Happy New Year Was it???" She winked.
"Oh ggeeeesus....Anna....don't ....please! I'm embarrassed enough as it is! I may never sing again!!!" I sighed.
"Well you beat me to the New Year Bonk anyway!!" We both chinked glasses and excused myself to visit the loo, and sort myself out.

"Thirty minutes are up Guys!!!" That same man announced round the door. "Band back on please?! Thank - You!"
Gary kissed my lips and disappeared to change outfit for the second set.
The lighting dimmed and I held onto Anna's hand as we made our way back to our mic stands.
We settled ourselves and I sipped some water. Speaking into Anna's ear I said "wow!!! Isn't this every fans dream??"
She said into mine "What??? Performing with TakeThat on stage...or.....Fucking Gary Barlow in a Broom Cupboard????" She laughed.
"Oh....ummmmmm....BOTH!" I shouted back as the Take That Band started again.
"Back to Work!!!!" She shouted back as we replaced our earpieces..

I couldn't stop staring at Gary through the whole second session, knowing he just shagged me up against a wall in a dark cupboard!

[SHIT!!! TINGLES!!! ...... NO!! NOT NOW!!!]

He just carried on.....just like he did when we used to watch him from the other side of the stage. It was odd ...knowing what we had done in the break...but the rest of the world hadn't even a clue!!

At Howard's set after ours had finished...we just danced and drank...drank and danced...I wish I had the energy that Anna, Jay and Mark had.
Howard was in his element and deep in concentration mixing his tunes.
I soon ran out of steam and asked Gary if we could go, Gary thanked the crew again and we said our Goodbyes to Anna, Jay and Mark, and passed best wishes to Howard via Jay.
We exited the back way and security were on full alert when a group of drunk teenagers spotted us leaving. "Hey!! Theres Gary Barlow and his Girlfriend!!!"
"Here we go?!" Gary said in his northern notes and squeezed my hand tighter. He waved at them and smiled. A few girls screamed for his autograph, so he let go my hand to go over to sign it for them. I wasn't sure whether to follow or not...so I just stood still near James.
Gary turned as he signed one and shouted to me..."Babes...Babe!!"....and he beckoned me over.
When I got beside him he said " Sadie here would like your autograph?!"
"Eh??!" I laughed uneasily.
"Oh Gary...you're gorgeous!!.....Gary ......Oh My God....Happy New Year!....Gary!!!!...Oh My God!!...Can I touch your hand??!!.......Can I have a Picture???...Oh Gary!!!!"

[ GOD LORD THAT WOMAN IS MAD!!!] Then I realised ...that was ME! Once!!

"Sadie .... This is my Girlfriend Melissa!" Gary introduced me.
"Melissa....Oh My God!!.......what a lovely name?!.....Oh My God!!....You are so lucky!!" I felt like royalty!
"Can you sign the same paper please Melissa??!! Please?!"
"Sure!" I said signing my name

[ OH MY GOD I JUST SIGNED MY FIRST AUTOGRAPH]

Someone else Gary had moved onto signing their piece of paper asked for a photo of both of us together.
"Yeah! Course!......Babes?" He said holding out his arm. I tucked my arm under his and rounds his waist, he turned sideways and wrapped his other arm around my front. We both smiled and posed..
"What about a kiss!!!??" Someone yelled.
I glanced round to Gary and he did the same to me.....we locked eyes and he leaned in for a kiss. The flashes went wild.
I whispered in his ear..."is that ok?!" Because I knew in the past he never liked to be seen kissing his ex, and famously cursed photographers who caught them kissing on their honeymoon.
"Bet your ass it is!!" He smirked and turned to the crowd that had now gathered. "Thank you all!! Happy New Year Everyone?!!!" He shouted and waved to them still holding my waist, only removing it to grasp my hand and lead me to the waiting car that had pulled up.
He opened the door and stood to one side holding out a hand to help me in...

[PLEASE DONT SHOW MY KNICKERS!!!]

I slid in very professionally and he then joined me in the warm car.
"Well....What did you think of that Miss Evans!!!??" He was beaming...
"You sure you were ok with that??...I know you don't like kissing in Public!??" I looked concerned.
"Hell yeah!!! I wanna show you to the world?!!" He beamed again, resting a hand on my thigh and gave it a gentle squeeze.
"Gary.....I loved it!! I can see why you sing everyday. The atmosphere was Phenomenal!! And I got to sign my first autograph!!"
"Don't get too used to it...you may need to make a new one soon!!!" He smiled and looked away.
It took a while...but then it sunk in what he'd said...but I felt it was left to long to comment..and I didn't really want an argument tonight...I was buzzing!