Chapter forty nine

"They had a name, but they needed confirmation....FUCK! .... How dare he?!!!!!!" I could see the anger rising in his eyes.
"Oh Baby!" I hugged him tight.
"The police will be going in to get him at 11 o clock, Julie takes Belle to play group by then so she won't be there. They left me a number to contact them if needed and a reference number.....I'm so sorry baby!!! That Fucker!! Why do all these blokes want to hurt you?" He was now sobbing ...tears rolling down his face!
"Oh Gary..please....don't cry! This isn't your fault...please!" I pulled him into my arms and stroked his soft hair till he could cry no more.

Gary didn't sleep all night, neither did I, we sat in bed, he wrote lyrics in his book to relieve stress and I read my Romance novel.
As time ticked on, I put my book down and cuddled under his arm watching him write, I loved the way his hand flowed and the words just fell out of his brain.
It was certain that this moment of our lives would be a sure fire future hit!
The hurt, the hatred, the pain, the sorrow and helplessness all rolled into a bunch of lyrics written on pages of a book in black ink.

I got up at 7 am and decided I would cook Gary some breakfast! he was exhausted but was recovering from his cold at least. I thought he needed some cheering up...so I phoned the boys...they all could do that I was sure.
Anna and Jay had an appointment, so couldn't come over. That left Marky and Howard.
"Sure! Said Marky  "is he feeling better?"
"From his cold yeah, but I think he needs cheering up by his friends."
"That don't sound good!" Marky sounded worried.
"Well I'm sure he will explain all to you guys." I frowned "I'm making Brekkie if you hurry...I have plenty"
"Fuck yeah!!" He laughed "on my way!"
Howard also said yes...think the breakfast offer swung it!!

[SEE I AM A DOMESTIC GODDESS!]

I took a cuppa up to Gary who I found was taking a shower. I popped his tea on the dressing table and put my head round the bathroom door to tell him his tea was here and breakfast was nearly ready, only to find his back pressed against the glass screen..which looked odd, then I realised what he was doing...his arms movements gave it away. Was he???? Oh My God!!
Suddenly feeling embarrassed..I backed away slowly and pulled the door slightly ajar.

[ DID I JUST SEE CAPTAIN BARLOW PLEASURING HIMSELF IN OUR SHOWER??]

Heading back downstairs to save the breakfast from burning, I was in shock, I obviously knew he did it..didn't everybody?? But I'd not actually witness someone else do it before.
The doorbell rang and snapped me out of my daze, looking through the spy hole I saw Mark and Howie on the doorstep. Mark was taking the last drag of his Ciggy.
"You can throw that away for starters Owen!" I screwed up my nose "YUCK!"
"Sorry Mel!! I'm trying to give up ....honest!"
"Filthy habit!!!" Added Howie "glad I don't do it no more!!"
"Meh!" Mark shrugged and stubbed it out on his boot and put the butt in the outside bin.
"Mmmmm....something smells good in ere!" Howie said following his nose.
"Don't it just!" Mark said giving me a cuddle.
I served theirs up just as Gary appeared in the doorway.
"Oooooo.....Ello lads!" Gary grinned "you ere stealing my breakfast again!!" He approached the breakfast bar and kissed my cheek.
"Nommmm nommmmm..." Said Mark tucking in.
"They popped round to see you Baby!" I said behind Gary's back winking to the boys.
"Cool!!" He said tucking in himself, as Mark reached for the Tomato sauce.
"Umm.......I'll leave you boys to your breakfast while I go have a shower...enjoy!" I nicked a mushroom from Gary's plate!
"Ere.....gerrof!" He said batting me away playfully.
"Cheers Mel!!" "Yeah thanks Mel!" Said Howie and Marky together.
All I heard as I left the room was "What's up then Grumpy Gary?"

I changed the bed sheets on our bed, always nice after someone's been sweating and wallowing in for days. I tidied our room, picking up all Gary's sweaty underwear..

[ NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD EVER HEAR MYSELF SAY THAT!]

...pairing up shoes and put away the clean clothes that was piled up in the corner. Now I was all sweaty I needed my shower.
Once I was done I wrapped my towel around me and went to the bedroom to dry off rubbing my hair with another towel.
There was a small tap on the bedroom door.
"Yeah?!" I shouted
"Mel? It's How...." I heard muffled through the door. I refolded my towel to cover my modesty and opened the door.
"Oh Shit!! .... Errr oh...Sorry!!" Howie said covering his eyes.
I laughed "How....I'm not showing anything?! What's up?"
"I ..... Ermm....FUCK! Sorry!!!.....erm Distacted!" He chuckled
Now I blushed.
"I ...errr...oh yeah..." He said suddenly remembering what he came up to tell me.
"I spoke to that mate of mine and he's running up a copy of that Disc for you."

"Oh WOW!!! Thank you so much Dougie!" I squealed and threw my arms around him, he automatically wrapped his round my shoulders too on my damp skin.

[HMMMMM....THIS FEELS NICE!! .........................WAIT!]

I think I hesitated a little longer than was appropriate to let go and he pulled away looking bashful.
"I'll let...umm....you..um... Well you know!" He stammered.
"Errr...yeah." I replied backing off and clinging onto my half undone towel.
He smiled...turned and fled.
I slammed the door shut and turned and stood against the back of it.

[DID HE??? WAS I?? WHAT THE.....]

Trying to clear my mind of any wrong thoughts I quickly got dressed and went down to put the dirty laundry on to wash.
Mark was out the back having a Ciggy and Gary and Howard were washing and drying the dishes.
"Oooooooo.......look at you two? ..... Very domesticated!" I teased.
"You Ok Babe?" Gary said straining his head round to see me.
"Gorgeous Brekkie!" Howard said.
"Cor yeah! ......thanks Babe!"
"Why thank you boys...yeah I'm fine, just bored." I said pulling a face.

At least Gary was happier now...I wanted him to enjoy his Birthday in two days time.