Chapter thirty

VERDICT

As the courtroom settled and the judge shifted in his chair. He spoke some legal jargon that went right over my head, but a glance at Gary and a nod from him told me all was positive.

"Has the Jury reached a unanimous verdict!?" He boomed to the court.
This was the first time I had raised my head and actually looked around the courtroom. Anna, Jay and the rest of the boys were up in the public gallery with Gary's mum and what I assumed were press, as they were scribbling furiously on notepads.
Anna blew a kiss as we made eye contact, and the boys tightened their fists and mouthed "come on!!!"
"Yes your honour, we have." Called a small woman in her forties.
"Will the defendant please stand?!" Boomed the judge.
Sean stood up and grinned an evil grin.
My heart pounded. I swear everyone could hear it.
"And how do you find the defendant....GUILTY OR NOT GUILTY??"
The judge raced through this like he had to get home for tea!

A LONG SILENCE HIT THE COURTROOM

The woman on the Jury looked up from her paper and said.... "GUILTY! Your honour."

The courtroom erupted into cheers and applause. Sean took a long look at me and just smirked.

Sean Robert Williams was sentenced to 6 yrs as the gavel went down.

Gary let go of my hand and pulled me into his arms and planted tiny kisses all over my lips. We'd done it!!! I'd done it!!! Gary's name was cleared and justice had been served.
I was kind of numb once we have finally been adjourned. James and Paul met us just outside the courtroom door. And greeted us with huge smiles. "Well done Miss.....Gary!" They acknowledged us both.
Pete, our barister had followed us out. "Well done....had it in the bag!" He chuckled.
He shook my hand. "Thank you soooooo much!" I threw my arms around his neck and patted his back.
Gary just laughed. He shook Pete's hand profusely after I'd let him go. "Cheers mate! Brilliant work!!"
"No worries!" He shook his head. "Right......Protocol!! The press need a statement for the morning papers, I can deliver it if you wish, but you must be present. OK?"
We both looked at each other and nodded.

After a few more deep breaths I stood beside my boyfriend, my lover, my man and as I clasped his right hand with my left and leaned over for a kiss, the court building doors opened with a Torrade of camera flashes.. "LETS HOPE THAT ONE MAKES THE PAPERS!!" Gary joked.
Peter made a flawless statement as Gary and I stood behind him. Gary beamed as we held hands.
"I look like shit!" I whispered into his ear! He whispered back. "No you don't!! You look dead sexy!" Making me chuckle.
With the conference over we made our way to the car...smiling and waving at the onlookers and press. Yet again James and Paul were there every step of the way.
As the door of the car shut behind Gary. He moulded back into the seat. "God I'm knackered!! I need sleep!" He sighed
"Me too." I agreed "but I fancy that Chinese more!" I winked at the man, whom I always dreamt of meeting, but little did I know he would be sharing my bed, my life, a true gentleman, my love, Gary Barlow.