Chapter thirty four

The room looked exactly as we had left it, a pang hit me as I remembered Gary leaving without saying goodbye.
"Hey! You ok?" Gary asked snapping me out of my daydream.
"Ah...yeah! ... Um let's look as some houses then!?"
Gary whipped out his laptop and plugged the charger in the wall...as he was always on it the battery was never charged.
"Drink?" He offered
"Rośe please Babe." I replied
"Just how this started" he winked
"Yeah! And I nearly ballsed it all up by fainting!" I laughed aloud
"Oh Yeah! I remember now!" He rejoined me on the sofa and handed me my wine.

After arguing over how many bedrooms, entrance halls, drawing rooms, study's and studios, we had a short list of 3, which we were visiting tomorrow.
Tonight ...for now at least was ours.

"Well I know which one I like!" I smiled the next afternoon.
"Me too!" Gary smiled too.
"Ok.....1....2...or 3?" I asked him, praying he would say the same one, otherwise we could be here forever.
"Well..... 1 is out.." Gary shook his head.
"Yeahhhh." I agreed "way too old ..far to much maintenance"
"So it's 2 or 3.... 2's garden was nice for the girls, but I loved 3 for the studio...tough call!"
" well I loved 3 it's perfect...." We both grinned.
We had found our home...life was just PERFECT!
"Ok....well I'll give them a ring and get the ball rolling then?!" He hugged me tight and kissed the top of my head tenderly.

[ARE WE REALLY MOVING IN TOGETHER??]

Gary sold his flat within 3 weeks, with the money he made from it, he bought me a car, I was so happy for my bit of independence back, even a trip to Morrisons felt appealing right now!
It was now mid November, and hard to believe all that had happened in just 4 months of us being together.
Christmas was looming and we were on course to being in our new home by then. Being a larger property ...ongoing chains were very minimal.
The weather turned cold and we had the first flurries of snow, there was nothing better than cuddling up with Gary under a blanket on our sofa watching B+W movies.

The weeks ticked by and finally on 20th December we moved our things in our new 6 bedroomed house, Gary had lots of furniture and antiques in storage from when he left Julie. Including his piano. I didn't have a lot of things but it made it ours...we had so many rooms it all looked lost.
As the removal van pulled away down the drive I shut our front door, shut the world out.
Gary appeared behind me and wrapped his arms through mine and held me, swaying from side to side.
"Welcome home Baby!" He said and kissed my neck.
"You too" I tilted my neck allowing him more skin to kiss.
As we had no need to decorate, we filled our huge home with Christmas decorations.
The tree we drove to a secluded forest and cut down our own tree, Gary tied it to the roof of the range rover and he chirped with glee all the way home...he was more excited than a child in a sweet shop.
We dragged it through the entrance hall and into the lounge, I'd found an old bucket in the garden and filled it with earth, so we planted it in that.
That pine smell was divine filling the whole house with a smell only present at Christmas time.
For Christmas I'd bought Gary a new Keyboard...since he'd lost interest in that side of his music, he was keen to relearn his skills and I hoped it would reflect in inspiring some new songs.
As we retired to bed on Christmas Eve, Gary had left out his mince pie and brandy for Father Christmas. He was such a big kid.
Our house had finally began to feel like home.