Chapter Sixty Eight

"LADIES AND GENTS!" Elton shouts over the hubbub.
"Thanks everybody for coming tonight, hope the dinner was satisfactory?" He paused to hear the chorused reply.
""Good good! Well I dunno about you?...but I need to dance this meal off!"
That met with another cheer and a round of applause.
"So my good friend Gary is gonna get things up and running...please let's hear it for Gary!"
The room erupted...
"Back to work!" Gaz said as he got up from his seat, and placing a kiss on the top of my head.

Gary joined Elton at the grand piano and the sat side by side at the keys. They both beamed with pride as they played a wonderful version of 'Face to Face'.
"AWWW I remember this one!" I said to Anna.
"Yep me too...About February 2014?? Wasn't it?" She replied.
"Hahahahaha...yep think your about right!" We both started to jig.
Mark pulled Anna up to dance, Howard grabbed my hand.
"Ay! Be careful with my wife Owen!" Jay shouted after them.
"Aye I will!" Marky shouted back.
"That's the time to be the first one on the dance floor!" Howard whispered in my ear. I flashed a look at Gaz but he was still engrossed in his singing with Elton.
As the song came to its end a huge round of applause echoed through the room. Gary bowed with Elton and returned to stand with Jay.
Elton carried on singing, this time Cindy Crawford joined him singing 'Don't go breaking my heart'.
We carried on dancing an gradually more ppl joined us.
"Is there still a problem between us Mel?" Howard said into my ear. "Cos I thought we'd sorted it all a while ago?!"
"Stop going on about it How, will you?" I snapped.
"Well there is obviously something wrong clearly?"
"HOWARD...please! .... We agreed we'd say no more about it...now please ... Drop it!"
"I ca.....I can't help it Mel...I..." I cut him short!
"Oh FFS!!!" I turned and fled

"Babe?!" Gary said puzzled as I fled past him out the room, I didn't have a clue where I was going so I just ran around frantically till I found a door leading to outside.
Barging through the door I was gasping for breath...realising I'd held it in all the time I was searching for a door leading outside.
I suddenly felt nauseous ... Leaning well over the stone wall I threw up in the flower beds below.

[ GREAT NOW IVE JUST HOOFED UP IN SIR ELTON JOHNS FLOWERS]

"Baby!! Mel?!!! What's happened??!!" I heard Gary calling after me. "Melissa?!" He called as he appeared in the doorway, just in time to see me wretch again, saying goodbye to more of my meal.
"Geesus ...Baby! What's happened? You were fine just now?!" Gary sounded concerned.
I carried on wrenching continuously as Anna joined us outside. "Oh My God! Mel!? Is she ok?!"
As I stood up the last thing I saw was Howard's face peering out the doorway, then...nothing! Darkness!

When my eyes opened again I was at home in my bed, the night light was on and Mel was laying asleep next to me, on top of the covers. As I stirred she woke with a start.
"Mel!" She said softly and placed a hand on my arm to comfort me.
"Where....what??? How the??" I sat up very confused.
"Shhhhhhhhh...shhhhhh" she scootched over and hugged me and looked over to the bedroom door.
"WHERES Gary!!!!!"I panicked.
"He's fine!......shhhh. He's been with you for hours sobbing his heart out...totally exhausted himself..so I sent him to go have a lie down in the spare room." Anna whispered.
"What the hell happened?" I struggled to remember, all I can remember and taste is vomit!
"Well we'd hoped you be able to tell us.." She said passing me a glass of water to sip. "You were fine...dancing with Howard...then you ran off, he said you went all pale.. When I caught up with you ..you were being violently sick..the you passed out and fell down the steps to the garden."
"So that's why I hurt all over?!"

[ OH MY GOD HOWARD???? OH MY GOD ELTON!!]

Anna continued "One of David's mates is a paramedic, he checked you over, but your stats were fine...you'd just fainted with exhaustion, Gary and I managed to get you home in a taxi and put you to bed to sleep it off. Gary is devastated...what do you remember?"
"I remember feeling really hot and sick inside so went out for air..the I remember being sick...and...and that's about it! How long have I been asleep?"
"Well it's half 4 now...so about 6 hours?!" Anna frowned. "Now sip that water!"

My guilt from my last conversation with Howard was bugging me, I so wanted to get it off my chest.
"SHIT! Anna!...I....." I started crying again.
"Hey Babe!... What's all this?! Here have some water...."
"I don't want any damn water!!!!" I snapped. Then immediately apologised. " I'm sorry....aww hunny , I'm so sorry I didn't mean to snap at you."
"That's ok! ...what's worrying you hunny?" She said offering the water again. "Did Howard say something wrong? Did he try it on?"
"Uh .... No! .... Not in that sense...not then..." The tears started to flow again.
"Awwww..babes ....come on tell me??!" Anna handed me a tissue.

"Back months ago...on Gary's birthday..." I started.
"Ah ha...." Anna listened intently.
"When we announced our engagement..."
Anna interrupted.."yes yes I know that ti..."
"Anna! Just listen!"
"Sorry....go on!"
"Well everyone congratulated us except Howard......" I took a sip of water and carried on... ".....I went upstairs to find him..he was in the bathroom..so I waited a while and he didn't come out!"
"Perhaps he was constipated?!?" Anna offered..then when seeing my serious face she fell silent again.
" I knocked on the door, asking if he was ok...and he whipped open the door and dragged me inside!"
"WHAT?!" She said with a puzzled disbelieving look.
"He flipped me around and locked the door behind us..thus locking us both in...."
"What....he didn't?....did he??" Anna's face drained.
"No ....well...just let me say it!" I began to get cross again.
"Sorry! Sorry! Please..go on...go on!"
"He pushed me against the wall after letting go of my bruised wrist....and told me he needed to kiss me...." There I'd said it!
"OH MY FUCKING GOD!!" Anna's mouth dropped open now.
I continued "........I told him to stop! I put my hand out to stop him coming any closer..pushing him away by his chest...I could feel his heart pounding...he really wanted it......and oh my he smelt gorgeous!"
"You didn't ....did you??" Anna's face still agape.
I ignored and kept going "he said it would be a one off and we'd never speak of it again....he said he loved Sam deeply....but he really Needed to taste my lips...if just once!" I sniffed.
"OH MY GOD!!! You did didn't you??!!!" She flopped back down on the bed....