Chapter twenty three

As I opened my eyes I was laying on a bed in the villa. Gary was laying with me and Anna was holding my hand sat next to the bed with her head by my side on the sheets. They were both fast asleep.

"Mel??" Jason was standing up at the bottom of the bed like it had been his shift to watch over me.

His eyes were red from crying and still had wet cheeks.

"Jason?! What's the matter???" Then I remembered.

I started to Panic. "Jase!!"

"Shhh ....Its ok he's gone...for good!!" Jason's eyes welled up again.

"I....I couldn't get out!!!" I was having a flashback.

"Please Mel? ...forgive me....I didn't know he was capable of something like that...I'm so sorry! He took a good beating and then the police took him away!" The sorrow showed deep into Jason's eyes.

"But.....your wedding day!???" I felt tears prick my own eyes.

Anna lifted her head. "MEL!" This woke up Gary too."Mel...oh my god Mel, I'm so sorry Mel!!!" Why was Anna apologising???

"Hey...Guys...it's none of your fault, I....well...I must have....."

Gary cut me off!

"DONT YOU DARE BLAME YOURSELF! That asshole will pay for what he's done to you..Mark my words!! FUCKING PRICK!"

I squeezed Gary's hand.

"Mel.....I promise....I promise I will never let anyone ANYONE get near you...EVER again." Gary had tears falling from his cheeks onto the bed. "I Love You!" He said in a whisper. My eyes widened. He repeated it again..."yes...Melissa Evans....I Fucking Love You!"

[ OH MY GOD!!! He said it....TWICE!]

"Mel...we will give you two some space." Anna squeezed my hand. But we are just out front if you need us ok?!"

I nodded. Anna and Jay linked hands and left the room.

"Gary!??...." I started to say

"Shhhhhhh.......we don't have to talk now, get some rest..I'm not going anywhere...I'm right here! .... This is over! And if the police don't throw away the key???.....I'll kill the fucker myself!!!"

"He didn't.....well.....you know..you got there just in time."

"Not now......" He said softly "I'm not going anywhere.....now close your eyes " he planted a big kiss on my forehead as I closed my eyes.

A few hours later the bright sunshine billowed in the bedroom waking me up.

[ I NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE....NOW!!]

"Gary!!" I nudged him. He mumbled something inaudible and woke with a start.

"Mel!!!!!"

"I'm here it's ok Babe, I just need.......well ....please take me home!" I said in a sad voice.

"Home...home?" He doubled checked.

"Aha....home." I nodded

"Of course we can....god I'm a twat sometimes!....we should leave Jay and Anna to their honeymoon. They can stay at the hotel if they don't want to stay here. I'll take you back there now to get your things...then we can go home ok!?" He was so sweet.

Gary hired a car to take us back to the hotel and after I escaped Anna's hug Gary and I drove back to the hotel..Jason and Anna did decide to ditch the villa and spend the rest of their honeymoon at the resorts hotel.

Once all my things were packed and ready to go, Gary called up a porter to take them to our car. We then went to reception to explain that we were leaving but Jason and Anna were still staying.

"Ok!" The receptionist checked back the details with us. "So Mr and Mrs Orange will be occupying the room for the remainder of the stay."

"Yes." Smiled Gary politely " oh and get someone up there to clean up the place a bit.!! It's their honeymoon, and I don't want it spoiled by that tip when they arrive!"

"Oh..erm....yes Mr Barlow" she batted her eyelids and her cheeks reddened.

[ GRRRRRR]

To make my position perfectly clear I swung around and clung onto Gary's neck while I kissed him deeply.

"Mmmmmmm......Babe!!!!" He said half embarrased half laughing as he playfully smacked my bum.

"Oh..I ....hope you had a pleasant stay sir???!" She shouted as we turned and left the desk.

Gary laughed aloud " what was that for???"

"Well...." I said " how dare she FLIRT with my famous boyfriend!!" I smirked

"Ooh....boyfriend???" Gary repeated.

I had a cheeky idea.

I shouted back to the receptionist, who was still checking out Gary's arse! "Oh....and No! I didn't enjoy my stay....it was SHIT!!!"

"MEL!" Gary laughed "you can't say that!!! Come on....let's go home!"

On arriving back at the airport we entered a different part of the building, which I just assumed was departures. Gary had a long chat with the chap behind the desk as I sat on the comfy chairs. He kept looking back to check I was ok.

He handed over a credit card and paid for the flight home, the rejoined me on the chairs to wait.

"All sorted!!" He said with a smile. " plane will be here in about 10 minutes! "

"Not a very busy flight then this one?!!" I said as I looked around the room.

"Ummm...No!....this is.... the First Class area....so not many use it!" He lied.

"Um...Excuse me Mr Barlow?" The man behind the desk called across.

"Hmmm...yes!?" Gary turned his head

"Your flight is ready for you Sir!" He smiled at us both.

"Oh....Thank You Mate!" Gary stood and collected a few bags we had as hand luggage in one hand and held out the other to me.

"Come on Miss Evans...Time to go home."
.
.
.

"Gary!!! I laughed "I can't see!!" He was walking behind me with his hands round covering my eyes.

"Just a few more steps!!" He sniggered

"Fuck! Gary! You know I hate surprises" I played.

"Ok....ok!!....keep yer wig on?!" He chuckled " right....we are here....ready? 1.....2.....3!"

His hands dropped and I opened my eyes...a loud swwwwooooshhh of a jet engine made me jump!

"What!!!?? Eh????? Gary??!!!" I blinked a few times. He'd only gone and hired a Private Jet to take us home!

"We are going home in style Baby!!!" He sang to me as he offered me his arm to escort me onto the plane.

Once we were aboard and strapped in for take off, the steps were taken away and the door slammed shut, making me jump again.

"You ok???" He squeezed my hand tight.

"I am now!" I smiled, I rested my head back as the plane took off I turned my head to look out the window. The sun was just starting to get lower in the sky, making a beautiful Orange glow on the Early evening sea......The plane banked to the right...we were finally going home.