Chapter forty two

We crawled straight into bed once we got home, I was so glad to get my heels off, my feet were killing me.
As we snuggled together in out kingsize I sighed a content sigh..let the world out there go get drunk....I didn't care..I was here...I was happy....I was with my man.
"By the way?...." He said just as I was about to nod off.
"Hmmmmmm??" I said sleepily still smiling.
"You were wonderful tonight!" I could tell he was smiling too by the sound of his voice.
"Thank You Baby!!" I said as I drifted of into my dream.

Once we woke later that day ( January the 1st was always a long day) we went out for a walk, ending up strolling through the park. We walked along hand in hand in public...it was bliss, we kicked stones and leaves and threw sticks for invisible dogs!
As we approached the play area we glanced at each other both thinking the same thing...

Suddenly from behind us we heard a small voice shouting "DADDA.......DADDA!"
Gary spun around. Tilly was running full pelt towards us. He knelt down on one knee and held out his arms..
"Princess!!!!!" He shouted back
My eyes scanned past Tilly and they stopped....BANG! Julie was pushing a buggy with Belle in and Becca was walking beside her mums side.
Her paced slowed as she caught sight of me.
"Daddy!!!!!!!!" Becca screamed and ran towards us too.
As Belle got sight of her Daddy...her legs starting kicking about and she was beaming, sucking on a dummy.
Gary picked up Becca too and swung them both around.
"Mel!!!" Tilly shouted as she spotted me.
"Hey you!!" I smiled back trying to hide my awkwardness.
"Mel!!! Please push me on the swing!!!" Tilly pleaded and wriggled to get down from Gary's arms.
"Sure!" I said thankful to remove myself from this awkward meeting.
I followed Tilly into the play area and helped her in the swing. Becca followed us and went onto the slide.
As I started to push Tilly I glanced up at Gary who was slowly walking towards Julie, he squatted down and cooed and tickled Belle.
"Higher!!!! Higher!!!" Tilly squealed.
I pushed her harder making her go slightly higher, whilst still keeping my eye on Gary and Julie.
They were exchanging words, cool, calm, politely, then she started shaking her head and scowled. Gary made a lot of hand gestures.
"Can I go on the slide now????" Tilly asked.
"Yes...course you can!!" I slowed the swing down and lifted her out, leaving her to scuttle off towards the slide to play with Becca.
Feeling now like a spare part ... I wandered over to the bench and sat down, removing my phone from my pocket.

3 New Messages

1- Anna ..... Happy New Year Babes xxx

2- Mother.. Happy New Year to Both you and Gary!! You looked lovely last night..cracking concert! Xx

3- ARE YOU SLEEPING WITH GARY BARLOW?????? --- Unknown Sender.

[ HMMMMMMMMMMM]

When they had finished chatting Gary joined his girls holding Belle and played on the see-saw and pushed her on the swing, while Julie stood outside the fence beside the buggy. I didn't feel like I could join in with her watching me like a hawk.
I caught eye contact with Gary and he mouthed.."you ok??" I replied with a nod.
It was very cute seeing him play with his children, almost made me jealous ?! Especially of Julie.
After about 30 mins he returned Belle to the buggy (who kicked up a stink and didn't want to go back in) and he knelt and hugged and kissed Becca and Tilly.
"Wait!!!....." Tilly ran back towards me on the bench, she ran right into my arms hugging me tight.
"Bye Bye Mel!!!" She grinned.

[OH MY GOD...HOW CUTE??!]

"Oh ...... Bye Sweetie!" I was a bit shocked and didn't know what to say.
Tilly ran back to Gary and Julie with a big grin on her face. I then moved my eyes to Becca...who waved and smiled to me..so I waved back.
Gary and Julie spoke for a few more minutes then she turned and left.

"You ok??." Gary said as he joined me on the bench.
"What's up??" He said placing a hand on my knee.
"You didn't have to send her over you know???? Was a bit awkward with Julie there?!"
Gary frowned. "I didn't send her over!!! She did that all by herself!! Look! Despite what you may think....I didn't set this up you know???!!
"Really ....REALLY Gary!!! I don't want to talk about it now!!! IM GOING HOME!!!" I stood and walked away.