@hallonn23

Contest: the dream awards
Placement: second place in general/historical fiction

I entered this contest under the general fiction genre because the romance was full, and I was really just curious to see how far my little work in progress would go. To place second in a secondary genre is amazing! I never imaged I would make it that far. I'm thankful for all the exposure and great reviews from the judges and the administrators.

1 what is the best way to spend a rainy day? 

The best way for me to spend a rainy day is curled up on the couch with my boyfriend and my two fur babies while we watch one of our favorite movies.

2 what's your favorite book? 

My favorite book of all time is Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. It's my favorite of the series, and the Harry Potter series was basically my childhood.

3 what's your schedule regarding your writing? 

My schedule is chaotic sometimes because I'm a full-time pharmacy student. In the summer, I try to be consistent with weekly updates, but sometimes life gets in the way. While I'm in school, I usually post once every two weeks or monthly depending on my classes.

4 who is your favorite author?

While I would say J.K. Rowling because it ties in with my favorite book, I have to bypass her on this one and say Stephen King. His voice is just so distinct, and I truly find him an inspiration.

 5 Are you still surprised when you get a new vote, follow or comment?

Yes! I'm always surprised (and happy!) to see that new readers have discovered my book. Wattpad takes a lot of grinding, so I love any vote, comment, or follow I get. It means I'm taking steps in the right direction.

 6 what's a good piece of advice for a newcomer? 

The best piece of advice I can give to a newcomer would be to never give up. Don't get discouraged when people don't read your work right away. It takes time for people to find your gem because there are millions of books on Wattpad. Also make sure to write what you love to write. Don't ever try to write for anyone else. I learned this the hard way.

7 if you could hang out with your favorite celeb for a day, who would you choose and what would you do? 

Alex Morgan from the US Women's National Team. I'd want to go through one of their training days and maybe grab lunch! Best day ever!

8 what's one Wattpad goal? 

One Wattpad goal of mine is to win a Watty Award. I always reach high.

9 what's the best way to handle a bully? 

The best way to handle a bully is to laugh at yourself before they can. Love yourself and know your strengths and weaknesses

10 how would you celebrate a publishing deal?

I would celebrate a publishing deal by taking my boyfriend and two fur babies on a snow-skiing trip to the Colorado Rockies! We plan to live there one day, so a vacation would be awesome.

Request time!

I have a new work in progress called Southern Saturday Nights. It's a new adult romance novel set in the Deep South. It features an interracial couple and their struggles with life and also the trials they have to face to be together. It focuses on topics such as racism, eating/mental disorders, and reaching for your dreams. It'll break your heart over and over just to put it back together again. It's a novel that I hope will touch the lives of many people.

 It's a novel that I hope will touch the lives of many people