@trulyupsetting

Contest: Choas awards 5
Placement: 2nd place in action

1 what's your favorite thing about Wattpad?

Wattpad has always been my favorite platform for publishing, and one of the main reasons that this is true to me is because it's very accepting. I'm a member of the LGBT community (love wins!) and on this site everyone is extremely supportive of us and of pretty much every minority. I guarantee if you're a member of a certain community, Wattpad will have just the right thing for you! You can fall in really quickly with a group of likeminded people and make some really good friends on here. In fact, I've met the most supportive person I've ever encountered, the person who singlehandedly gives me the motivation to finish every book I write, Mal, on Wattpad. It's really just a wholesome and good feeling to be accepted and loved by everyone on here.

 2 what's your schedule regarding your writing? 

I don't really have a fixed schedule, and to be honest I'm not organized enough to get a certain schedule up and running. Although I'm an unorganized mess, I do have a pretty good set of rules in order to keep myself publishing quickly and efficiently. Usually, I publish one 1500-2000 word chapter everyday, but when I'm feeling too exhausted to write I do them every other day. This rule makes my work and the progression of my books go by SUPER quick, and I managed to finish a fifty chapter book in two months. I also reserve all my writing for nighttime, usually late at night between the hours of 10:00 PM and 3:00 AM, it's just way easier for me to concentrate.

3 what inspired you to write?

I have literally no idea. I've been writing for almost as long as I've been alive, the first encounter with writing novels that I've ever had was in 1st grade. There was this contest at my elementary school that was being spearheaded by the government in order to make kids love writing, right? And I was thinking, 'Aw man, if I win I get a trophy? I'm in.' I literally kind of just... woke up one day and decided to write. My very first novel was about these kids using magic tools given to them by the ghosts of Aztec leaders in order to save ancient ruins or something? I still have it printed and bound in my house somewhere.

 4 if you could gain advice from your favorite author, who would you choose and what would you ask?

My favorite authors are Aimee Kaufman and Jay Kristoff, the geniuses behind the Illuminae trilogy. It's this crazy cool story about space war and government conspiracies and I really recommend checking it out. If I had to ask them anything, it'd probably be this: How are you so damn creative? 

 5 what's your favorite book? 

My favorite book would probably be The Bunker Diary. The title doesn't sound awesome, but the novel itself is probably one of my favorites ever. It's told in journal format, takes place in only one setting, and is about six people who get kidnapped and trapped inside an underground bunker together. Food is scarce, tensions are high, and it just makes for an overall amazing albeit really depressing read. The ending broke my heart, though.

6 what's your favorite movie? 

My favorite movie is probably a tie between The Shawshank Redemption and Saving Private Ryan. I can't reveal much about title one, The Shawshank Redemption, without spoiling it, but the overall premise is still really interesting. Andy Dufresne, a wealthy lawyer from an upper class life, gets convicted of two counts of murder and is sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole. The movie is dedicated to showcasing the horror and hopelessness of prison, but the ending is one of the best movie conclusions I've ever seen in my life. It's so warm and inspiring, and it leaves you with such a hopeful feeling. Saving Private Ryan, title two, is widely considered the best war movie of all time, and I wholeheartedly agree. It's focused on a group of ground troops in WW2 set with the task of finding a man named Ryan in order to bring him home. Throughout the movie there's comedy, heartfelt moments, and dramatic action sequences, and it's truly a wonderful and gruesome film. I recommend both, you definitely won't regret putting either of them on. A little trigger warning for Saving Private Ryan, though, there's a lot of blood and guts.

7 what's one Wattpad goal? 

A big goal of mine is to get my books more widely recognized. The most reads that I've gotten have been somewhere around 1.4K, and I'm aiming for my work to be more widespread. Getting to show people something I spent so much time with and worked so hard on would really be the coolest thing ever.

8 what's your dream vacation?

My dream vacation would probably be getting to go back to my home country of Thailand and spend a couple of months there. I was born in Bangkok, Thailand, and lived there for a number of years before coming to America to learn English. I'd like to go back to that beautiful, culture-rich country again and visit my grandparents as well as take photos of the lives of everyday people. I'd probably comprise them into a collection and publicly release them.

 9 how would you celebrate a publishing deal? 

If I ever got a publishing deal, I wouldn't know what to do at first. I'd probably sit there in shock for an hour, then scream, then sit in shock again. Afterwards I'd probably run out and tell my family, and I'd throw a party to celebrate. I don't party very hard, though, and as soon as it's over I'd plop down in a comfy armchair and start working on a new book again.

10 if you could hang out with your favorite celeb for a day, who would you choose and what would you do? 

My favorite celebrities (currently) are the band Glass Animals, and if I got to spend a day with them, I'd probably waste half of it asking stupid questions. I'd use the other half to go out to fancy restaurants, find cool bars to hang out in and cute girls to flirt with, drive a rental car recklessly, eat authentic Italian gelato, and attend one of their concerts. That just sounds like a perfect day overall, to be honest.

11 how would you spend a rainy day? 

I'd spend a rainy day lying in bed, looking out the window and fawning over the cold gray weather. Then I'd open up Netflix and watch an entire season of a show, some weird sex documentaries, and continue research and notes for my upcoming book! Hint, please go give it a read, hint. :)

Request time!

A book of mine that has won an award recently, and in my opinion my best work, is The Break

A book of mine that has won an award recently, and in my opinion my best work, is The Break. The plot is about a low-ranking gang member, Mick Matthews, and the gang exec running his streets, Chris Jetson, getting locked in the fictional max-security prison in LA, Sawville State Penitentiary. They meet a movie star turned murderer named Tony Justine, and together they form a plan in order to escape from the heavily-guarded fortress that is Sawville. Hours of research and planning went into it, along with a ton of lost sleep, but I'm so happy with the final product and I'm incredibly thankful to the people who have read it so far. It's packed full of comedy, drama, heartbreak and perseverance, and the characters are each crafted with love and care. And, like any other book I've written, it's LGBT and adorable as hell!