Chapter 66: Life Still Goes

"Kai" I called loudly. I was on my back looking up at the ceiling. He shortly came in "Yes mom" he asked. "I need some assistance" I struggled getting up. He came over pulling my hand to help me up. It was so hard getting out of bed. Usually, I had Rashad's assistant but now I have to depend on the nightstand for 5 minutes. "Thank you baby," I said out of breath. "You're welcome ma" he said.

I looked at the time and it was 7:00 in the morning. Kai has been getting up on his own, making his own lunch and breakfast. He was starting to become independent. and I liked it but I realized that I've been slacking on my motherly duties. "What do you want for breakfast? I asked.

"Eh I'll just eat a pop tart," he said. I sighed placing my hands on my head. "You mean to tell me; you've been eating pop tarts every morning? I asked.

"That or egos" he shrugged

"I'm sorry Kai, I'll make it up to you. Do you want me to cook you something? I asked. He looked around "Mmm no, I wouldn't mind chic fil a though" he smiled

"Okay, I'll take you to chic fil a, and I'll take you to school. Just uh give me a few minutes" I said walking into the bathroom to take a quick shower. I quickly lathered my body with my favorite body wash, letting the water run down my face. I had to snap out of this depression. I had to look at the bigger picture. Maybe this would make Kai and I stronger; I guess I needed to be grateful that it was only one year and not 5 years.

Once I finished I quickly threw on my juicy couture swear suit throwing my hair in a bun. "You ready? I asked he was in the middle of placing his books in his bag. "Yup," he said putting his book bag on. I smiled as he helped me down the steps.

We pulled up to the drive through today and I looked over noticing he was reading. "Studying? I asked

"Yeah, for science," he said. I kept thinking about what Rashad told me what Kai said and guilt rushed through me. "I'm proud of you " I said looking over at him. "Thanks, mom" he said. "Can I have two number 4's with two orange juices" I said.

"Add the cinnamon rolls," he said. "And two cinnamon rolls" I added.

"I'm serious Kai, even when you make little mistakes. I'm still proud of you. I know I haven't been the best mom lately and I am so sorry. Your my first baby and I love you to death okay? I asked.

He smiled "I know mom"

"I'll make it up to you, anything you want or want to do this weekend. I'll make it happen" I sighed

"Mmm, I just want to see dad," he said opening his food. "But uh I'll think of some other things" he smirked.

"Yeah, I knew you wouldn't turn down the opportunity" I chuckled taking him to school.

45 minutes later

I walked into the shop with my food and bag of supplies. I was back on my shit and these bills needed to be paid. "Hey baby momma," Danielle said grabbing my heavy bag. "Hey.. thank you" I said wobbling to my booth. "Hey girlie, its good to see you" one of Danielle's client said in a cheery tone.

I smiled "Hey, thank you its good to see you too," I said sitting on my chair. I grabbed my biscuit sandwich biting into it. I closed my eyes enjoy it.

"Aww you're so cute" Danielle chuckled. "Yeah, I have to eat for two," I said opening my orange juice. My first client wouldn't be here until 9:30.

————

I held my back sitting back on the stool. "Honey, do you need a break? She asked. "No Ms. April... I'm fine" I said continuing to curl her hair.

"You're such a sweet girl. When is your baby shower? I'd love to get you something" she said. I smiled "Aww thank you... I haven't planned anything yet but once I plan it. I'll send you an invitation" I said.