Chapter 4 : Underdog

Rashad

I tried to catch up with Angel before she went to work. She's been blowing me off every chance she gets and I hate it. I hate it when women want to hear what they just want to hear. When you tell them the truth and they still want to be mad over the lie. I placed the key in her door turning it. Surprisingly it opened, at the rate she was going. I thought she would have changed locks. "Hey" I said stepping in. She took a sip of her tea turning back around.

"You aint hear me" I said. She still didn't say anything. I watched her add honey to her tea. "ANGEL, EARTH TO ANGEL" I yelled.

"What? She yelled. "Talk to me" I begged.

"There's nothing to say, I am not about to be in competition with your baby mother. I'm not setting myself up" she said.

"Oh my GOD, I told you nothing happened. I haven't been with that woman almost half a century. You're the only woman I lay with" I said. I heard Anthony make his way down the steps rubbing his eyes.

"Morning mom" he said.

"Morning hijo" she said. "Wassup Mr. Rashad" he said. "Sup lil man, you know I told you don't call me Mister. I'm not that old yet" I said. "My bad, you getting those Lebron's this weekend? He asked.

"You already know it; you know I got you on the hookup" I said. "Thanks man" he said dapping me up. "Come on Ant you got 30 minutes" she said. "So how long are you gonna stay mad at me for something I didn't do? I asked. "How can I trust you? Tionne has never been in our way. Now I find out this is how she feels. I'm starting to think you fucked her or something" she admitted.

"No I didn't, I'm not even sexually attracted to her anymore" I explained. "That doesn't mean anything. Niggas fuck bitches they don't even like everyday" she argued.

"Well I'm not one of those niggas and just because she feels that way doesn't mean I do and what's up with you coming to her house trying to fight her and all. You know I'm not with that drama and you know she's not confrontational" I said.

"Certain things you just don't say out your mouth and its not my problem that your baby momma is a punk" she scoffed rolling her eyes.

I don't even want anymore kids" I said

"But you know I do" she said. I sighed, I didn't know what to say. She was grilling me every second she could get."I'm just going to leave, and give you some space" I said kissing her on her cheek before I leave. I sat in the car luckily I didn't have to go to work until 4. So I was going to go back to bed. I couldn't lie I felt bad about the other day I didn't mean to yell at Tee and go off on her. I was just mad in the heat of the moment. I know she didn't mean for it to come out but I never knew she felt that way now its going to be lingering on my mind all day.

Later that afternoon

I decided not to work today. I was still upset with yesterday. Mad at Danielle with her big mouth and mad at Rashad for going off not evening trying to hear me out. On top of that Makai's behavior has being getting on my nerves, he thinks he can just do any ole thing in here. Davon is no where to be found when I really need him. I grew suspicious of him,what company goes on business trips almost every damn week? He might as well stay where he's at. All I wanted was my man to make me feel better when I'm feeling down and he's no where to be found. I picked up my phone to call him but was interrupted when Makai's school called.

"Hello" I said.

"Hello may I speak to Ms. Brooks"

"This is she" I said.