Chapter 27: Burnt out

I patiently paced back and forth looking at the clock. It was 7:50 in the morning which felt like 20 minutes. When Rashad said he was done with both of us I believed it. I can't believe it gotten this bad. I know a lot of it is because of me not knowing how to control the anger, that I didn't even know I had but sometimes you have to be disrespectful to show someone you've been respectful to them. I prayed he said this out of anger because the truth is Makai needed him and I did too. I heard Kai come down the steps. "Good morning honey" I smiled.

"Morning" he said. "I made you breakfast in the kitchen and your lunch" I said. After the argument I went to the market to pick up some food. It was 8:00 and I knew I fucked up because Rashad wasn't outside. He grabbed the breakfast sandwich and his orange juice walking back to the living room where I was.

I ran my fingers through my hair looking outside. "Have a seat honey, I have to talk to you" I said softly.

"Am I in trouble? He asked. "Of course not" I said grabbing the chair scooting up to him. I sighed "Don't be mad at your father okay,whatever we have going on is between us.. okay. Your father is a great man and a great example but sometimes we both make mistakes. I don't know how the fight was because I wasn't there but us not being together doesn't mean we don't love you. I love you so much the best thing that ever happened to me" I said tearing up. GOD I was an emotional wreck, you would think I was getting a divorce from my husband or someone passed that I was close with.

"I love you too"

"Do I have to go out there when he gets me"? He asked.

" Can you take me to school instead? He begged. I heard the beeping of a horn I ran over to the window and it was Rashad. Praise the lord!

"No you have to talk to your dad" I said.

"Yeah but it was bad" he said tearing up. He turned to the side hiding his tears. I was heartbroken, I don't know if he was crying because of what he said or what his dad said. I was shocked , I haven't seen him cry since he was younger. I know boys don't cry but for him to cry over what happened yesterday between him and his father shows that he has the biggest heart in the world.

"Oh my gosh, baby don't cry" I said hugging him. "It's going to be okay" I said ensuring him. He quickly wiped his eyes getting it together. "You'll be fine" I said kissing his cheek. "Okay love you mom" he said. "I love you too" I said watching him from out the window.

Rashad

Last night was an emotional roller coaster I've never felt so much resentment on both ends in my life but today is a new day and I'd decided to just leave the situation alone. She said what she said and so did I. I definitely took into consideration what Makai said even though I didn't like it. I know he didn't mean how it sounded. He just doesn't understand certain things and he'll never understand them until he's in a situation like mine. As far as yesterday me threatening to leave their lives I didn't mean it. I just wanted to scare her a little bit. I know she was in there panicking, wondering if I was serious or not. I watched him open the passenger door. I knew he would be tense and scared so I figured I make him comfortable, even though next time he'd get an ass whopping. I placed my hand out for him to dap me up.

I turned around, he smirked dapping me up. "My little partner in crime" I said pulling off. "Sorry dad for what I said" he said

"Its cool Kai, you had a right to feel that way and you were right. I don't know how it feels to not grow up with both my parents in the same households and I'm sorry if you're not feeling at home." I said

Later on that Day

I laid in my old room at my mother's house. Looking at all of posters hung up. I remember I had a huge crush on Sisqo from Dru Hill & Fabolous. Lord knows I wanted to marry them. My sisters were beside me as we talked about life. I knew my mom would crash our conversation sooner or later seeing as though I didn't update her on everything that happened and I know she wants to know.