Ch 18: with the flow

"Bitch he did what? Kari screamed. My sister was so damn extra. She's been our cheerleader for years. "Yes he kissed me" I blushed. The kiss was so off guard and that's all I've been thinking about lately. The reasoning behind it, was he bored? Did he feel something I don't know? It was awkward but not a bad awkward kind of like I can't believe we did that awkward.

"What kind a kiss was it? A peck or tongue? or a sensual or a I wanna fuck kiss? She asked. I laughed "It was a tongue and then he placed me on the counter" I said lowly.

"Girllllll he was trying to do other things" she said.

"I know but we could never go there" I said. "Things could get messy just be careful though sis, even though that's your baby daddy. He's still a man, he probably thinks since you kissed him back. It's invitation to the coochie and its not" she said

"I know; I am deprived though. I'm not even going to lie; I need to get laid if not I will go crazy" I said

"Sometimes you got to play with yourself sis " she laughed. "I'm passed that" I said.

"Oh and he asked me if I was pregnant the other day. Girl that Kai is a nosey somebody you hear me. I had an expired pregnancy test and I threw it in the garbage. I guess Kai saw it and snitched" I laughed

"My GOD lock your damn room" she laughed. "But like when he asked me, he was serious" I said

"Hmm maybe that's why he kissed you. To see where your head was at, I don't know" she said.

"Or maybe it was to blow off some steam, I don't think it was that serious" I said.

My phone began to beep, I looked at my screen and Rashad was calling. "Kari hold up" I said placing her on hold.

I answered "H-hello" I said

"Hey Tee what you doing? He asked. "Nothing really just studying for this test" I said

"I'm coming through" he said. I furrowed my brows "You coming through? What if I had plans or people to see? I asked playing in my hair. "Tionne? plans? You never go out" he chuckled.

"Whatever, I'll see you when you get here" I said. "Alright bye" he said hanging up. I took Kari off hold. "Rashad is coming by" I said

"Umm and Kai is with his cousins, you got an empty house" she laughed. "Relax its not happening" I said.

"Okay tell me about it later, I'm going on a date" she said. "Ha! Have fun" I said hanging up. I got up quickly to hop in the shower I didn't bathe all day and I needed to be clean just in case we go somewhere.

I wrapped a scarf around the top of my hair leaving my 30 inches of weave hanging. The perks of being a beautician, the door bell rung and I knew it was him. I opened the door to see him with a bag.

"Oooh you got me something" I said. "Some Chinese food and your favorite" he said handing it to me. I opened the bag to see chicken lo mien. "Yesss" I said pulling it out. He must have read my mind because I was hungry and didn't feel like cooking or spending my money.

He came out the bathroom sitting on the couch. I sat beside him "How nice are you " I said

"I knew your ass would be hungry" he said. "You know it, remember when I was pregnant and I used to make you go down the carryout to get every other day" I said. The place where he got our food is not too far from my mom's house and his grandmother's house.

"Hell yeah, I'm surprised Makai didn't turn out Chinese" he said. I began laughing "Your so dumb" I said.

"So what you studying for? He asked. "Uhh this biology test, I hate biology" I said. He picked up my flash cards "Damn girl this is all you have to study? He asked