Chapter 53: Trust

I was on my way to the airport to drop Rashad off, Today he was finally going to meet with Robert in New York and I couldn't be happier. This day could possibly change all our lives. I just hope it doesn't backfire. I was going down the freeway listening to the music play on the radio. I looked over at him staring outside the window. "You okay? I asked.

"Yeah I'm good, I'm just curious" he said. "I bet, maybe this will be a big opportunity for you" she said. "Let's not think to far ahead" he said holding my hand. "I'm just saying.. don't think negative either" I said.

"You right, you always know what to say" he said. "I know, cuz I'm the best" I smiled. "Mmm I swear if I didn't have anywhere to go today. I'd make you pull over right now" he said biting his lip. "You freak, I'm still sore from yesterday" I chuckled.

"Cuz I put in that work"

I rolled my eyes "Whatever, so were still going to your friend's birthday party right? I asked. "Yeah I'll be home tomorrow evening" he said. We were two minutes from the terminal and I was beginning to feel sad. Although we'd only be apart fro 24 hours, we haven't left each others presence for months. Our bond has gotten tighter than before and I didn't want him to leave. I finally pulled up to the airport "You better pray you don't get dragged off the plane by united" I joked.

"They can drag me off all they want to imma get a lonesome of cash" he said. I began laughing "You so stupid.. I don't want you to go" I frowned getting out of the car. "Babe, I'm only leaving for 5 minutes" he chuckled. I walked over to him as he grabbed his carry on. "5 minutes is too long" I pouted. He pulled me into a hug "Mmm I got you hooked" he said. I rolled my eyes 'Rashad you always thinking with your dick, be romantic for a second" I scoffed

" I am romantic but I do have you hooked. You don't want to leave me" he smiled pecking me on the lips. "I'll see you tomorrow beautiful, I love you" he said. "I love you too, be good" I said walking to my car. "No you be good" he said walking away.

Rashad

Once I landed in Newyork I made my way to his building in Manhattan. I was about 10 minutes away but the taxi ride felt like forever. So many thoughts were running through my mind. This could only be something great. I had a feeling the opportunity would be bigger than me but figuring out which opportunity it would be had me antsy. "And were here" The foreign driver said. "Thanks my man" I said giving him a 20. I got out the car standing in front of the building. I walked inside the building being greeted by the receptionist.

"Hi how may I help?

"Hi my name is Rashad Smith; I have a meeting with Robert-

"Oh Rashad, Robert was just telling me about your appointment with him. Come with me" She said. I walked behind her viewing the back of her pencil skirt. She turned around "How's your day going? She asked. I quickly looked up "My day is going fine and you? I asked.

"Good, I can't complain.. I'm alive" she said. She stepped inside his office "Hi Robert, Mr. Smith is here" she said. "Great bring him in" he said. She stepped outside the office giving me entry. "Hi Robert, how's it going? I asked. He stood up "Mr. Smith greet seeing you" he said shaking my hand.

"Likewise"

"Have a seat" he said. I sat down crossing hands. "How's everything? He asked. "Everything is okay and you? I asked. "I'm okay, you know getting old" he said. "You are getting old" I joked. He laughed at my sense of humor. "How's your family .. your son? He asked.

"My family is great and my son he's doing great. I couldn't be even more proud" I said. "That's great to hear. Hopefully I can see him on the court one day" he said. "Yeah he'll be glad to show you. He's a beast" I said.