Chapter 15: Unfinished Business

I woke up to a phone call from Takari. I slowly answered it.

"Hello" I said clearing my throat. "Hi baby sis, how you feeling? She asked. "Like shit" I said.

"I know the feeling, you and Shad okay? She asked. "Uhh we kind of got into it last night, I went off on him a little. I honestly don't know where this came from like yesterday I didn't feel like me. I haven't been feeling like me for the past two months" I explained

"I know; I'm getting a little concerned. I actually was calling because I set you up with an appointment with one of my home girls counselors. Her name is Flora Robinson I already paid for your sessions you have about 5 but I'll pay for more if you need it" she said. I didn't know what or how to feel. I don't think I need counseling "Wow, thankyou Kari but I don't-

"Look girl, no one is saying your crazy you just need to vent. The way you were acting yesterday screamed I'm frustrated someone listen to me so that's what I did. Your appointment is at 3. I already told her you were coming, she works from home, also she's African American. Who understands us more than us"

I laughed "Thankyou I guess I should start getting dressed then" I said

"Yess get that ass up" she said. I looked at the time and it was 11am. I'm usually up at 8 making Makai breakfast but I guess I was so worn out from yesterday. I can't even lie I was a little embarrassed from yesterday. I got so out of character twice, I didn't even want to face Rashad because he doesn't play with all that yelling in his face, but he kept his composure wish I could have kept mine. I also felt bad because his grandmother died and instead of being there for him. I was fussing him out maybe I could have saved the arguing for another day. When I looked in the mirror my eyes were so damn puffy from last night. I for sure had to wear glasses.

After I finished getting dressed I placed on my sunglasses. I didn't want to be in the house with Rashad. I just was going to treat myself for lunch and get some air before I go to counseling. I could hear his presence in the kitchen.

"Wassup turn up bunny" he said. I didn't say anything I just grabbed a water from my fridge. "Can't speak" he said

"Hi Rashad" I said with an attitude walking out the door. I don't know what's going on with me but I'm still a little upset from the other day.

I sat in the office waiting to be called. Her center was actually in a home. The home was very warm and welcoming. With India Irie playing in the background I could relax a little because I felt warm inside.

"Ms. Tionne Brooks" I heard the lady call. "Yes" I answered standing up. "You can come in my office" she said. The lady was about 60 years old kind of resembled Iyanla Vanzant. I walked in her office taking a seat. "I'm Flora, I'm a therapeutic counselor and I sit with people and assist them in their problems I'm also here to listen and to allow you to vent freely with no judgement" she said.

"Okay" I said looking around.

"So what brings you here? She asked.

"Umm my sister referred me here. I actually woke up and she told me she paid for me to have some counseling sessions and here I am" I chuckled

"Well that's what sisters are for" she said

"Right"

"So tell me what leaded you here? There's always a reason why someone comes into my office" she said

I sighed "I um got a little out of character last night"

"And out of character, do you mean angry? Upset? She asked