Chapter 20: Could've been

Tionne

Why don't you look handsome, you look just like your daddy" I said adjusting Kai's tie? "You yo daddy son aye" he said. "Your so silly" I laughed. Today was Tyriq and Candice's wedding and I was thrilled that he finally tied the knot. I always knew Tyriq was a woman lover he's always wanted to settle down even when he was younger. He always made the women in his life official.

"You look nice mom; you should have been a bridesmaid.... No a bride" he said. "Thank you honey" I smiled. Although I wouldn't have mind if she asked. Candi's friends and family are a little extra so it was definitely okay that I wasn't apart of it.

"Mom after the wedding can I stay the night at Derek's house? He begged. I rolled my eyes and grew annoyed, this boy just doesn't like to be home anymore "No you need to be at your house for a change, if he wants to stay the night here he can" I said looking in the mirror one more time. I had on a black and silver gown with a split on the side and a choker, the wedding theme was "A night in Hollywood" so I had to dress the part.

"Damn girl you look good" I said to myself.

We made our way inside the church. I sat in the third row with Makai waiting for the wedding to start. I was so happy for Tyriq and I know Rashad was excited that his little brother was getting married. Just in time the wedding began with the flower girls coming down the aisle releasing rose pedals, they were so darn cute making me have baby fever all over again. The first bridesmaid and groomsmen came down the aisle. I looked for Rashad, finally he came down with Candi's big sister Camille. He looked over and winked at me while he made his way to the alter. I watched Candi's bridesmaids fiercely walk down the aisle hoping they wouldn't break a hip. Finally, Candi walked down the aisle gracefully with her father to KC & Jojo -All my life. I began to tear up a little as I looked at how beautiful she was. Her dress was a mixture of Cinderella and Kim Kardashian the feather train was to die for, she was gorgeous. I was sensitive to just about anything. I wiped my eyes watching Tyriq pull up her vale. Throughout the ceremony I noticed Rashad would take a few peaks here and there, I must have looked nice, I haven't felt this sexy in a long time.

The reception

Rashad

I was with a few of the groomsmen talking to them about the wedding sports. I had a drink in my hand waiting for Tyriq and Candi to make their second entrance. I can't believe Tyriq is married man, he really loves that woman" My cousin E" Said. "Yeahh I'm happy for little bro I told him he better not mess up" I said taking a sip of henny. I know it wasn't a good look but I had to get a little warm up.

"What is that the hen? He asked

"Yeah nigga, all in my cup" I said. "Its a little too early to be drinking don't you think? He mentioned. I looked around at the serves and wait staff literally passing around refreshments and drinks.

"They offered me one"

"Damn really henny, what kind of reception is this" he mumbled. I chuckled "Tyriq's and Candice's" I looked around at the guests entering the hall. I saw a familiar face entering, one of my frat brothers and childhood friends Shawn coming in.

"Shawn" I called. He looked up making his way over. "Wassup baby" he said dapping me up.

"Hey bruh" I said giving him a hug. "Haven't seen you in a minute" he said.

"I know aint much change" I said. "Still up Overbrook" he asked. "Yeah how's the wife? I asked.

"Wife is good, were expecting" he said. "Ayee congratulations" I said.