Chapter 49: Games We Play

I sat on the couch watching Love Jones with Takari. She had just got into with her boyfriend and Rashad broke up with me so we were both in a shitty mood. "I wish a guy could chase me and we kiss in the rain" I sighed sprinkling more sugar in popcorn. "Ha! That'll only happen in the movies" she chuckled. My eyes began to water up as grabbed my cup of ice. "Bitch you not anemic, I don't know why you eating those ice chips like that " she said.

"Its good.. leave me alone" I stated. "Mmhm someone is preggers" she said. I rolled my eyes "I'm not pregnant.. damn I can't enjoy my snacks? I asked

"Yeah but not when you dipping popcorn in sugar, eating ice chips all day, and wanting to go to that Buffet downtown. Hmm twice this week" she said.

"I just came off my period" I said. "Period my ass" she said. "Why don't you spend more time worried about you and Kyle instead of what's going on in my uterus? I suggested.

"Look bitch if anybody gonna be there for you its gon be me and don't forget it" she said. Even that statement had me on the verge of crying, I just been feeling so not myself and alone. "I know" I sighed wiping my eyes.

"Aww Tee.. don't get sad" she frowned. "I'm not.. I'm just frustrated" I said as she rubbed my shoulder. I felt my phone vibrate on my lap. I quickly grabbed it seeing that it was only Danielle. I unlocked my phone quickly going on Instagram. The both of us were silent for a second just tapping away.

"So Rashad is a club promoter now? She asked shaking her head. "Lemme see" I said as she handed me the phone. I looked at the flyer with the common half naked instagram model on it. So friday he's going clubbing and then Saturday Vegas okay. I handed the phone back.

"Girl I can't" I said. She sighed "And Lala is on another flyer" she said. "Well that bitch is Philly's finest" I exaggerated.

"I guess she'll be there but then again some models aren't at the event just on the flyer" she said.

"Girl I'm over it, I'm exhausted " I said. "I'm tired of his ass too, like I swear I'd fight him" she said. "You... this fool is gonna make me catch a case" I said getting up to use the bathroom.

"You know what let's do a girls trip this weekend. We can go out and have fun too" she said.

"Yes let's do it" I said.

The Next Day

Makai stormed in the bathroom "Ma you okay? He asked. I couldn't even talk; I was too busy puking. He pulled my hair back while I finished puking. "Ma I told you not to eat at that spot. I heard they were dirty" he said. "I know " I said wiping my mouth as I got up. "Thanks boo, go get dressed your dad is about to get you" I said.

"No he said he can't tonight. Can I stay with my cousins? He asked. "I'll let you know" I said grabbing my tooth brush. I knew he would be at the club. I couldn't help to be annoyed. I wish I could go back in time and not let him in. I should've knew you can't really change someone.

Rashad walked in my house with sunglasses on shopping bags. I guess for his trip. I watched him walk in the kitchen placing the bags on the table. I watched him continue to have his conversation.

"Yeah its 20 E Street .. doors open 9 and women are free before 12"

Why was it that? I was always home when he comes in the house. Maybe I needed to get the hell out the house. "Bet just text your friends names to Kyle"

"Ard bye" he said hanging out. I peeped at the Timbaland bag, True Religion & Finish line bags. "Hey" he said finally getting off the phone. "Hi" I said getting off the stool, no need of me being in his presence. I felt him watch me as I passed him"Kai your dad is here" I called. "Coming" he said storming downstairs. "If you don't get back here" he said. I rolled my eyes standing there before turning around.