Chapter 39: Fooled

2 weeks later

I was over Takari's house. She decided to have a little girl's night. She cooked dinner for us as we chatted it up and talked about the things that were going on in our lives. Candi was there, Danielle and a new girl at my shop named Stacey that I loved as well as my best friend Victoria that I haven't seen in ages. She finally came out of the cave she was in. I couldn't wait to tell her that Rashad and I are back together. I didn't really tell anyone yet.

"So where is Kyle? I asked Kari. "He's with Rashad and them.. you aint know? She asked. "Oh yeah I forgot about their night out" I said. "Mmhm with guys... they better not be doing nothing crazy or we all can go down there" she said lifting up her glass. "Ha!

"Including you too Tori, your hubby knows better. His ass shouldn't even be out leaving you with the baby" she said. Yes, Tori finally have birth to her daughter Logan. We were so excited for her and I was happy that Kai finally had his first cousin, even though she's a baby.

"Get off her case Kari" I said swirling my glass. "You know Kari can't help it" Victoria laughed.

"She sure can't but he's been helping me. He's up with her more than me child because this girl is a night owl" she said

"Don't I know it; I didn't know what sleep was when I had Kai" I laughed.

"Guys you make me want to have a baby now" Candi frowned. "Girl their is room for everybody" I said. We all began laughing it was the truth. I swear as women we feel the need to rush everything once we hit mid 20's.

"So Kyle is having a Ski trip. He's renting out a cabin and he wanted to do like a couples retreat. In a few weeks are ya'll down? She asked.

"Where at? Tori asked. "Utah or Colorado. I think it'll be fun since we're all booed up. Vicky you can bring Aaron and Tori you bring Raymond and Tionne you have Rashad and ya'll can act like a couple? She joked.

I rolled my eyes "We are" I said. Everyone came to a halt like I revealed something so big. "Whaatt??? Victoria said in shock. "Finallyyyyyy" Both of my sisters said in unison.

"So how did this happen? Give me details"

"I don't know, after the family fight. Rashad and I had a few words and he was just telling me how he wanted to try again" I explained

"Aww that's so cute, I always loved y'all together. Remember when I pointed him out at the basketball game, who would of thought ya'll would have a kid together and boop! Now ya'll are together" Victoria smiled.

"Y- yeah I'm still nervous about it but were taking it one day at a time"

Rashad

"So about this Ski trip ya'll down? Kyle asked. "Yeah I guess so, I can use a vacation for real" I said. We were at Tyriq's house as usual having our annual card party. I needed time with the guys, I've been so under Tionne for weeks. I forgot all about them.

"Hell yeah I'll go.. this shit sounds lit. A bunch of niggas in Colorado or wherever we going doing some different shit" Tyriq said putting down a card.

"I'm in" Raymond said. "Aye congratulations on the baby by the way" I said. "Thanks man" he said.

"How does it feel? I asked. "Pshhh no sleep. She's a busy body but it was worth it" He said.

"It always is" I said looking at the game on the TV. I grabbed my Paul Mason pouring some more in my glass. "Man ya'll got me feeling all left out and shit" My cousin Ethan said. We all laughed "We did forget about your ass" I said taking a sip.