Chapter 23: Whenever you remember (pt 1)

Flashback

I watched him get out of the car walking over to open the door for me. His father got on him yesterday for how he was talking to me. He had a bad day yesterday and took all of his anger out on me for no apparent reason. To make it up he was talking me on a date to the movies, that I needed. I was still suffering post partum depression and Kai was 2 now. I needed to get out of the house, all I do is work and raise this baby as well as being a supportive girlfriend to Rashad. He opened the door and I slowly got out. "Don't hurt yourself now" he said. I chuckled "I'm fine" I said. He wrapped his arm around me as we walked to the theatre. "I missed you" he said kissing my cheek.

"I missed you two, I missed you more. Your so far away" I frowned.

"Only 30 minutes away babe, and you know you can visit me whenever you like" he ensured.

"I guess so" I rolled my eyes

"You just don't like going through the co-ed dorms. Them bitches aint thinking about you" he said.

"What? I said raising my brow at him. "My fault, I meant they're not thinking what you think they are. It's you, all in your head" he said handing the cashier a 20.

"Want some popcorn? He asked. "Yes I want that and a Slurpee" I said.

"Damn boo, I don't get it like that" he chuckled. "I'm sorry, you want me to get it? I asked. He laughed "Nah I got it" he said. We stood behind a group of girls as they were being really loud and obnoxious like normal teenagers. One of them turned around eying Rashad, the way she was eying was like they had a past or something.

"Hey Rashad" she winked at him. I squinted my eyes confused. "Wassup Diamond" he said.

"This your girlfriend? She asked. "Y-yeah" he said.

"Aww she's cute" she said. I rolled my eyes ignoring her. Once they grabbed their food we went to the front. I couldn't help but to be clouded by that girl eying him.

"Who was that? I asked. "Nobody babe" he said.

"It is somebody, she was looking you all up and down" I explained.

"Here we go again with this shit. She ain't nobody to me. Just a girl I know from my class with her bird ass friends" he explained.

"Okay that's all I was asking" I said. "Well you ask that shit a lot, I hate when you be acting all insecure. I got you, I would never hurt you" he said.

"Can I get a large popcorn and two Slurpee's? He ordered. "What kind? The cashier asked.

"What kind babe? He asked. I stared at the menu being a little indecisive. "Hmmmmm umm the-

"Any day now" he said. The cashier began to laugh "Sorry I'll have the Coca-Cola one" I said. "And the blue cherry" he ordered.

"That will be 25.60" she said. "Breaking my pockets" he mumbled handing her his card. Once we got our snacks we headed to the theatre, even though he ensured me I had nothing to worry about. I still had a gut feeling something was up.

"Rashad are you being honest with me? I asked looking at him with my puppy eyes.

"Yeah I'm being honest, I can't help that women have crushes on me. It comes with the territory; this is things you would have to deal with if I go pro" he said.

"No I don't" I mumbled.

"What you say? He asked with an attitude. I shook my head "Nothing Rashad" I said leaning on the palm of my hand.