Chapter 7: Playing Along

Tionne

I was completely bummed about this situation. One I still felt extremely bad about technically being the reason that Rashad and Angel broke up. Two I'm still embarrassed that he found out. Three now we have to live together for 2 weeks any women wouldn't be comfortable with that. And four I still needed my time to be alone and to get over Davon and our relationship. What if he catches me crying?

I personally walked over to the lady asking her a few questions. "Hi ma'am can I talk to you for a second? I asked.

"Sure how may I help? She asked. "I was just wondering what are the other students doing that didn't get picked for this particular project? I asked

"The other students have the bridge project especially students that live in two parent households and then the students that live in the single parent homes have this one. Plus, this is a graduation requirement if you don't want your child to participate in this he or she wont be able to graduate" she explained

"So what about the kids that don't have a family then what do they do? I asked. I honestly felt like this was some bullshit you can't force two grown people to play house and expect that shit to go smooth. Plus, Makai wants us back together its obvious if we play family for two weeks and then its over he's going to be disappointed.

"I just don't understand how you can force two grown people to live together. I mean what if one of the parents are abusive and the other has a restraining order? I asked I could tell she grew tired of my questions but this is people's time and energy you're messing with. She handed me a FAQ sheet

"We have uh alternatives for students in need, we also have each child's parent information, police reports, social security reports etc. That's how we determine everything, you'd be surprise how many couples get back together for the sake of their child" she said

"Yeah but couples shouldn't really be together if they really don't want too whether they have a child or not" I said.

"True well you just have some decisions to make, have a good one" she said pressing her hand on my shoulder before she walked off.

"You too" I rolled my eyes turning around. I walked back over to Makai. I looked over to see Rashad talking to Angel. I really wanted to explain myself but that wouldn't help.

Rashad

"Angel why you blowing me off like this its been 2 weeks? I mean you acting like I cheated or something a nigga aint do shit" I said.

She rolled her eyes "Rashad just go to your baby momma. Okay we both gotta do this dumb project let's just give each other space" she said walking off. I felt stuck between a rock and a hard place. We both walked to our cars and it was quiet.

"We can watch movies all night, have a sleepover and play games"

"Dad and we can show mom how to play 2K" he said. I peeked over at Rashad and he looked really upset, this was awkward as hell.

"Dad" he called.

"No Kai" he said.

"But we gotta do the project" he said

"Look Kai" he yelled. "Let me be clear to you and I want you to listen with your ears. Your mom and I aren't together alright and we'll never be. You just gotta accept that stop bugging me" he yelled. I knew Rashad had a past of a bad temper but it was so uncalled for.