Chapter 60: Promise

I watched her sleep peacefully on the couch as I sat beside her. Weeks went by and I still couldn't get that night we got pulled over at of my mind. Although I was still pissed about it, I was blown away how she saved my ass. It could've went left if she wasn't there with me. I can't even lie us being back together has put my life in such a better direction, had someone said Tionne and would get back together a year ago I'd laugh. Now were having our second child together and it's humbling me. Everything about her is humbling me, times when I feel myself getting out of line or doing something stupid. I remember what I have in front of me. I grabbed her hand kissing it. She slowly opened her eyes. "Hey" she yawned.

"Hey pudding" I joked. She began laughing "Were you watching me this whole time? She asked. "Yes and no" I admitted. "How was your nap? I asked. She yawned again rubbing her belly "It's just not enough" she said tiredly.

"Well that's what bed rest is for" I said. "You working tonight? She asked. "Yeah" I answered. "No, stay with me" she begged. "I want to but I gotta make this bread" I said. "We have enough money Shad, quit overworking yourself. Your stressing me out" she admitted. Her concern was so cute but I was thinking long term. "Babe, I'm good. If I'm tired trust me, Imma slow down" I said.

She tilted up "Did you fix the tents? She asked. "Yes, they're back to normal and I put the letters on her wall and I got the giant teddy bear for her. Not like she's going to use it anytime soon. Anything else? I asked. She smiled

"Stay home" she smiled innocently. "It'll be a breeze" I said leaning over to peck her lips. "And I'll see you later too" I said to the baby kissing her stomach. It was going on 7:30 pm and I had to start to get ready. I went upstairs and was greeted by Kai. "Dad" he called.

"Yeah" I said. "I need help with my homework" He said. "I'll help you when I get home" I said going in my room. "No dad cuz when you get home you're gonna fall asleep. You and mom" he said. He was right, I started to feel bad.. I hope we weren't abandoning him. From Tionne being pregnant and sick all the time and me working two jobs and in class. Life was on auto pilot. "Okay kid" I said walking in.

"I gotta graph these equations" he showed me the paper. "I forgot where to start" he sighed.

"So you have y=3/4x-4" I read.

"So you have to start on the y-axis and plot -4" I explained showing him. He grabbed the paper moving to his desk.

"Okay then I go up 3 and over 4" he asked

"You got it" I said. "Just do that for all the problems. You always start at the y-axis." I said

"What if there's just an x? He asked. "Then you put a 1 in replace of it. So that would be 1/1" I explained.

"Oohhhh" he said happy that he understood. "Ooohhh, maybe if you stop goofing off in class you'd get it" I said lifting my brow. "Psshhh I'm not goofing off in class" he said. Kai went from an A in math to a C. I wasn't one of those parents that died if their child came in with a C, because its still passing but I'm concerned that a few of his grades were dropping.

"If you say so, all I'm saying if I get more complaints then you already know what's going to happen" I said. He sighed sadly resting his chin on the edge of the desk.

"What's wrong? I asked. "Nothing" he mumbled. "Okay then, I'm about to go to work" I said beginning to walk out.

"Dad" he called. I rolled my eyes looking up. I just asked this kid if something was wrong. "Yeah" I answered

"You're not gonna forget about me when my sister comes right? He asked turning around.When he said that I felt my heart drop to my chest. Worry ran all through my body. Tionne was right, maybe he was starting to act out a little because he's about to be a brother. I would never want him to feel like that.