Chapter 30: Acceptance

I sat by my vanity quickly cutting my wig into a bob. I was going on a date with Scotty. The guy I met at the barbershop a few weeks ago. It was a date and a photo-shoot and I was excited. Probably more excited to be able to model something I wanted to do forever. It may be just for his portfolio but its something. I heard a knock on my door

"Mother"

"Yes" I said combing my hair. "Can I come in? He asked.

"Yes" I said. He came in flopping on my bed as usual. His knee was fully healed and I was happy that he was back to moving. "So we're going to sky zone for my birthday right? He asked.

"Yesss Kai, were going to have a party, now how many times are you going to ask me? I asked.

"I'm just excited, all my friends keep asking" he said.

"Yes, I'll make sure you'll have a great birthday......Now can I finish? I begged. "I have somewhere to be" I added.

"Where you going? He asked looking me up and down like he was my father or something. "I'm going out, to have some fun" I said adding my lipstick.

"How do I look? I asked. "Your very pretty mom" he said.

"My woman crush wednesday even though it's Saturday" he laughed. "Aww your so sweet" I smiled pinching his cheek. He moved his head to the side "Ma why do you always do that? He asked.

"Because your my baby and your so adorable " I whined. "I'm grown mom" he said. I began laughing "Just because your turning 11 don't act brand new" I laughed.

"Now I left you 20, I'm quite sure you and your neighbors will do something" I said.

"Imani's mom was going to take us to the movie. Can I spend it on her? He asked. I was so impressed; Kai has been exclusive with the little girl in his class. I guess I can say he has a girlfriend now. He's the reason my phone bill is so damn high. He's always on the phone with her.

"Aren't you the sweetest, if you spend it on her what will you eat? I asked.

"Don't worry about me ma, I got it" he said. "Your just like your dad" I said.

"I'll see you later" I said. "Have fun on your date" he waved. "Ohhh your so nosey" I said closing the door.

"Oooohhh I'm telling" Kai said running to his room plopping on his bed.

I got in the car looking in the mirror to check how I looked. I was extremely excited I had to call my sister to remind her of my day. She instantly picked up "Yes I know your going on a date" she said

"Well you sound annoyed" I said driving off. "I'm not actually.. where are you meeting him? She asked.

"At his studio" I said nervously. "His studio that's in house or an actual studio? She asked. "He said its his studio where he runs his business" I explained.

"Be careful.. send me the address and stuff just in case he wants to act cute" she laughed. "I will ,most definitely" I said sending her the information.

"Umm Scotty the Hottie... girl he is fionnee" she said. "I knowww he is a meal" I said.

Rashad

I sat in the barbershop getting a shape up. Not much was going on today but I noticed I was getting a lot of attention from the ladies at Kai's school. It was a few fine women I had in line. Had to keep the line up fresh at all costs. "How's your son Knee holding up? Khalil asked. Khalil was one of the few barbers I let touch my head. Its rare to have more than one that you like. "It healed, he's back at it" I said