Chapter 31: In The Air pt 1

Today was Kai's birthday and I was in a great mood. My baby is now 11 years old and is almost a 7th grader. He's made the principal's list again this year and I couldn't be anymore proud. Everyone was so worried how my son would turn out because I was so young but were good over here. To top it off I just purchased me a pretty baby blue Mercedes Benz the other day. I owed that to myself and I don't mind making payments every month for it. We were on our way to Sky Zone. We rented out a room and everything should be ready. I paid Scotty to take some professional pictures. I was so excited because I would be seeing my pictures as well.

"Ma, you gotta let me drive the whip. This is nice" he said feeling on the leather seats. "Maybe in a few years... right now no" I said pulling off. It was 3:30 and his party started at 4. I turned on the radio and was in love I could hear my music crystal clear. There was nothing wrong with my Volkswagen I just needed a little upgrade. "Ayeee this my song" Kai said turning my radio up. I looked over at him jamming. "Enough of this" I said syncing my phone. I turned on my Jill Scott cruising. "No I was gettin it" he said.

"You can listen to all your trap music later" I said.

We finally arrived pulling up to the center. It was packed here I drove around in a circles praying I could find a spot. "Ma that's dad going in" he said beeping the horn. "Don't beep at him" I said. He rolled down the window. "Wassup old man" he screamed. I slowed the car down placing it in park. Rashad turned around looking confused. "Who you with? He asked looking in the car. I turned around waving. He nodded his head "This a rental? He asked.

"Nope its all mine" I said. "Ma, I'm coming in with Dad" he said opening the door.

"O-okay" I said so much for the help. I pulled off to look for a parking spot. I finally found a spot quickly pulling in. I turned off my car grabbing my bag. I opened my trunk pulling out the cake and the big bad trying to fit it all in my hand. I rolled my eyes throwing the bags back in my trunk. I began walking with this heavy ass cake to the entrance. I definitively should've had the cake there already. Luckily Kai and Rashad were chilling by the door. Rashad instantly opened the door for me.

"Thanks" I said walking towards the room as they followed me. It was 3:55 and I knew his friends would be here in not time.

20 minutes later

I sat at the table watching the kids jump around. My sisters were beside me while Rashad and his side of the family were further down. "So where's Scotty the Hottie? Kari asked. I looked at my phone for the time. "He said he will be here around 5" I said. "I would ask if you were going to go jumping but your cute ass got that tight ass dress on. Who you trying to impress? She laughed.

"First of all, I wanted to be extra cute. I got a new car and I'm feeling myself okay" I said flipping my bob.

"I'm happy for you" Tori smiled. "She only dressing up because Scotty is coming" she smirked. "Can you chill? I asked.

"I don't even like him like that trust me" I said. "So he's like a boy toy? She asked. I smirked "Something like that" I said.

"So did you two do it? She asked.

"Oh my gosh noooooo, I just met the guy damn" I said.

"Oh well speaking of boy toy .. I need some dick" Kari whined. I widened my eyes "Umm can we not talk about this here" I begged. There was family members around and kids. Why did she have to act like she didn't have home training?

"Girl nobody can hear us.. but I do" she said. "I thought you were getting some action"? I asked.. "Kyle is out of town so It's been like the Sahara Desert" she explained.