Chapter 33: Focus

*Had to give ya'll a little vibe* Lol  continue

I walked around looking for my son. Pissed off with Tionne's mother in particular. She just had to run her daughter away and now I can't find him and his day is ruined. I stopped what I was doing walking back over to where Tionne's parents where. I found it funny how upset she was and I needed to talk to her.

"She disrespected me" I heard her voice.

"Ms. Joy why are you so bent out of shape over this? You literally came in here causing trouble-

"Now hold up now, there's no need for adding more fuel to the fire" her dad added. "She already then added the fuel, now Kai is gonna think this was on us"

"Why can't we just move on from this. Tionne has been respectful to you from the beginning and you know that. So since your so upset I want you to tell him what happened" I said before going back to find him.

She looked shocked that I even said anything to her. I looked in the bathroom but he wasn't in there. The party coordinator came over to me concerned. I went straight to the point. "I can't find my son, he's about 5'2. Had on an orange and navy blue shirt" I explained as she nodded her head. "Okay I'll will contact my team members now" she said.

"Hey do you any of you happen to see. A young African American male. 5'2 with an orange and navy shirt"

I knew he was in here; I knew he wasn't that crazy to run off somewhere. "No there's no kids"

She nervously looked at me "Sorry, I'll still look around" she said. I quickly called Tionne, even though she was upset right now. She needed to know. "Where could he be? Kari cried. I called his cell phone praying he would answer.

"I'm gonna call the police" Ms. Joy said

"No, not yet" I said walking out the door. Takari followed me as I walked through the parking lots. "Shit he isn't answering" I said calling him again.

"I'm sorry Rashad, I feel like this is my fault" she said. "Its not your fault Kari, your mom is so petty at times" I said.

"I know" she frowned. "Where do you think he went? She asked. "I have no idea; you call Tionne while I call his friends" I said. She nodded her head quickly dialing her number. I looked around figuring out where he would go if I was him. There was an ice-cream spot a few doors down. "He's in here" I guessed walking through the parking lot. While she followed me again I looked through each store window to see if he was sitting there. "Bens Ice cream"? Kari questioned.

I opened the door walking inside. "Hi welcome to Ben's Ice Cream. What can I do for ya? " The cashier asked.

"Is there a little boy in here? I asked.

"Short with an orange shirt? She asked.

"Yes" I said. She pointed to where he was. I turned around towards Kari. "I'll be out in a few" I said.

"Thank you jesus" she said. I turned back around walking towards the back where the tables where. I finally saw him sitting there alone. I felt so relieved that he was safe but I felt so bad.

"There you are" I said joining him. He didn't say anything he just looked at me. "You can't just run off like that, you almost gave us a heart attack" I said out of breath from running back and forth. He still didn't speak he just looked at the floor.

"Look I'm sorry you had to see that. Your grandma and your mother have some unresolved issues" I explained

"Because of me" he said. "What? Nooo" I said.