Chapter 3: Miss understanding

Flashback

"I'm really feeling you Tionne, I like you a lot. Your different, you're not like all these other girls who just want me for the attention" he said.

"I like you too Rashad, I really do" she smiled. They were both sitting in his car after their date from the carnival. "Thanks for the big teddy bear" I said.

"Anything for you cutie" he smiled. I leaned in giving him a kiss. "You wanna come in? He asked. I was debating this was our third date and I really do like him but I know what this could lead to. I looked at the time and it was only 10 o'clock. My mom wasn't super strict on us but she at least wanted us in the house before 2.

"Yeah I'll come up only for a few though" I said.

"I gotchu I won't keep you past your bedtime" he laughed. I got of of his car following behind him. He grabbed my hand walking me inside. "This is my crib" he said. "Cool where's your people's? I asked

"Moms don't get off til 5, my dad is out of town and my bro. Shit I don't know where that nigga at" he laughed.

"Wanna see my room? I asked. "Sure why not? I said following him upstairs. I looked in his room at all of his trophies hanging on the wall, his pictures, and his accomplishments. "This grandma? I asked.

"Yea that's my grandma Nori. That's my heart right there. She's been to every game. She been there through everything" he explained.

"Aww I'd love to meet her" I said. "Oh you will" he said. I sat on the edge of his bed while he took of his shoes. "Wanna watch a movie? He asked.

"No I just wanna talk to you" I said. "We can do that too cutie" he said sitting next to me. "So is that my nick name or something? I asked

"Yeah I called you cute cuz your cute and then your name begins with a T" he said. I began to laugh "That's sweet" I said

"Your sweet" he said. "Why are you so nice? Drowning me with all these compliments and stuff? I asked

"What? I'm just a nice person what you want me call you all the mediocre shit to get in your pants? He asked.

"No I don't" I said. There was pause and he was staring at me.

"Wassup with you? He asked. "Nothing I'm fine" I ensured him. "You insecure?? He asked. "No I'm not, I'm good" I said.

"You don't gotta front for me. Keep it 100" he said. "I said I'm good damn" I argued. "Ard cool" he said sitting further back against his headboard. "I'm ready to go" I said with an attitude.

"Why? I aint even do nothing to you" he said. "I'm just ready to go home" I said. "All because I asked you if you were insecure and to stop fronting" he laughed.

"You know you think just because your older than me you know everything. I'm tired and I'm just ready to go home" I said

"Come here" he said.

"No" I said crossing my arms. "Come over here before I drag you myself" he said. I sighed sitting next to him. "Tionne I want you to be my girl and all but you be hiding how you feel" he said.

"Okay umm I can't believe I'm telling you this but I'm a little insecure about my skin color being dark skin and all. I'm the only child out of my sisters that's the darkest and I always feel slightly different. You know all the basketball players drift towards the light skin girls. I'm just surprised that you really like me the way you say you do" I admitted.

"Well if you aint here it from no one else. I think your beautiful. I don't really care about that light skin dark skin shit. To 12 we all niggas compared to them" he said moving my hair to the side. "Plus I like a little chocolate in my life" he said.