Chapter 54: Trust pt.2

It was just silence as he sat on the toilet. He placed his hands over his face while I still stood against the wall. I was too afraid to say anything this time. He just sighed throwing the pregnancy tests back in the trash and it hurt my feelings but I knew he was mad at the moment. He just walked out the bathroom as I followed behind him.

"Rashad" I begged. "Tionne don't say nothing else to me" he said.

"I know your mad but I just wanted what's best for you. I was tired of you feeling hopeless because you never got to chase your dream. So I just emailed him to encourage him to contact you again its not like I told him you needed a job" I explained.

"Oh that makes it much better, what did you email him exactly? He asked putting me on the spot. "I just said can you contact hi-

"Matter of fact lemme see the email" he said. My eyes widened a little bit from his request. If he were to read that email he would be even more livid "What do you need to see it for? I asked. "I want to see it" he yelled.

"No" I said calmly. ". Lemme see the damn phone" he said. "No you need to calm down" I said. "Man gimme this shit" he snapped snatching my phone out my hand. "What's the password? He asked

"I'm not telling you, its not that serious just calm down please" I begged. "Give me the damn password" he yelled. "No" I yelled. He took my phone throwing it across the wall, I could hear it crack. "FUCK your phone" he said. I was so shocked and became furious. Not only did he ignore the fact that I'm pregnant he broke my phone. "Why would you do that? I yelled walking over to grab my phone that was now on the floor.

"Cuz I can" he said. "You're fixing this" I said. I just got an upgrade last week and he wants to break it. "I'm not fixing shit" he said going downstairs. "You know you should be grateful that I even emailed him. If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't have the opportunity" I said angrily going after him.

"I don't have to be grateful for shit, just go back upstairs" he gritted through his teeth. "No you just broke my damn phone" I said. My voice was cracking as I felt tears come down my eyes. Yes, I shouldn't have sent the email but I just wanted to give him a little more hope. I didn't think it would backfire on me but my emotions were everywhere. He just found out that I'm pregnant and he has yet to say anything instead he broke my phone.

"You don't get it, for the month that we've been living together. Have we've been broke or on the corner somewhere? He asked

"No" I said lowly crossing my arms

"Alright then so you were wrong for that. I can't even trust you" he said. Once he said that I wanted to tell him how much nerve he had but that would only turn into us arguing about the past.

"Mmhmm" I said biting my tongue. "Yeah mmhm" he nodded angrily. I just started crying into tears. Now wasn't the time for him to be mad at me. He didn't react he just stared at me. "I'm sorry" I whined.

"Yeah I'm sorry too" he sarcastically. "What is that supposed to mean? I asked. Did he mean that because I'm pregnant?

"Look we aint making that party tonight" he said. "You still didn't answer my question? What you sorry because you got me pregnant.. again? I asked drying up my tears. He didn't say anything he just walked towards the door. I quickly pulled his arm back "Rashad" I yelled. He didn't say anything he just gave me another death glare to leave him alone. I moved back watching him slam the door behind him. I just stood there wondering where he would go. I sat on the couch beginning to cry. My feelings were hurt him not saying anything regarding me being pregnant cut deep.

2 hours later

It was going on 2am in the morning. I woke up from my nap on the sofa. I looked around to see if he was home. I looked out the window to see his car lights on. I debated if I should go out there. He should be cooled off by now. I grabbed my jacket from the rack placing it on. I sighed opening the door closing it behind me.

Rashad

I sat in my car for a few hours to calm down it was bad enough that I broke her phone but if I would've stayed in there longer who knows what could've happened. I was still pissed about the situation. I get what she was trying to do but now I felt like a damn charity case. I didn't know if Robert was granting me this opportunity because he felt bad for me or because he was really interested in what I could deliver and Tionne getting involved in this made me feel weak. I'm grown as hell I could've hit up Robert if I wanted but her going behind my back was killing me. I'm not going to pass up the opportunity because of my feelings but the pregnancy now was adding on another stress. We just moved in together now I have to figure out how I'm going to manage being a student and father of now 2. I turned my music up lighting my blunt. I needed this to mellow me out because earlier I almost caught a case. I looked over to the passenger side of my window to see Tionne coming down the steps. I rolled my eyes, I still wanted to be by myself her presence was still irritating me. I felt her at the door, I pressed the unlock button letting her in. She came in closing the door. I didn't have much to say to her but I know she was looking at me with her puppy eyes that she does.

"I'm sorry, I really am" she said. I still didn't say anything I just exhaled the smoke from my blunt. I lowered her window so she could have fresh air.

"So you're mad that I'm pregnant? She asked.

"No" I said bluntly nodding to the music.

"Well you don't seem excited or anything? She asked. "I'm not" I admitted turning the music up. I pushed my chair back stretching my arms out. I glanced over at her just sitting there in awe. She didn't say anything she just got out the car.

Sheeshhhh Rashad

Does he have a right to be mad?

Tionne baby .. maybe you need to give him some more space

Like & Comment

Check out my new Keith Powers Story called Honey