Chapter 2: Reasons

Tionne

I sat in my salon chair taking a break my next client didn't come until the next 20 minutes so I could relax. Me and the women I worked with were all taking about womanly things. That's normal in a salon setting and it feels good to let go and talk about things that are on your mind with women that you can relate to. I heard the salon open and I looked up and it was Davon with roses. I instantly jumped up "Hey baby" I smiled hugging him.

"Hey boo, these are for you" he said. I playfully hit him "You didn't tell me you were coming back earlier" I said grabbing the flowers. "I like surprises" he said.

"Ummm hey Davon" all of the women said in unison. "Hey ladies" he smiled. "Well I'll leave you back to work and I'll be home when you get back" he said. "Okay babe" I smiled as he kissed my cheek before he left. So when are you Davon gonna have a baby? Danielle asked. Danielle was my home girl that owned this shop. I loved her to death but she was so damn nosey but I had something on my mind for a while that I had to get off.

"I don't want any kids with him" I said. "What? Don't you love him? Alicia said.

"I do but okay I gotta tell you all something but you gotta keep quiet" I said

"Girl what is it" she said. "I do want another kid but not with him"

"Then who"

I sighed "Rashad"

"Bitch whattt???

"I just want his sperm" I admitted. "I don't want to have sex with him but I want his sperm. He's a great father and I just want all my kids to look alike and have the same daddy that's all" I explained

"I feel you, I think all children should come from the same parents" Danielle said.

"Did you at least talk to him about it? She asked. My eyes widened " Hell no, I would never.. It's just a thought" I said

"Obviously its been on your mind lately" she said. "Not really, sometimes I wonder how much better of a mother I would of been if I had Makai now. I just know if I were to ever have another child. I would be mentally prepared" I explained.

"Awww it may happen. Maybe you'll have a child by Davon and Makai will be a big brother" She smiled.

"Maybe" I said to myself. All I know is It'll be no time before I reach 30 and I want one more child. When I had Kai I didn't know what the hell I was doing. Rashad and I were only kids. Two kids raising a kid now I think its only right for me to have another child and do it the right way. My client came it was actually Angel's sister. Her and Angel come to me to do their hair. Until this day I think its unbelievable how everyone gets along.

"Hey boo" I smiled. "Hi mami" she smiled giving me a hug before sitting down. I draped her with a cape feeling through her hair. "What do you want done? I asked.

"I'm thinking blonde; I want to go lighter" she said. "Hmm are you sure? You'll have to take extra care of your hair Adrienne, and you don't do that" I laughed grabbing some gloves and the developer from out of my cabinet.

"I will just do it" she chuckled.

Rashad

I watched my players run around the gym for there 10th lap. We lost the game the other day and I was not happy about that. I still have a name to live up to. Going from a high school basketball legend to a coach. Whoever played under me was going to keep my name alive, even my son. I blew the whistle "Okay ya'll can take a break" I said. Makai shortly came in with his bag. I let him practice with the high schoolers so he can be inspired and he likes it.

"Hey dad" he said. "Wassup punk"I smiled hugging him. "Did your mom drop you off? I asked.

"No Davon did" he said. "Oh he's home" I laughed. "I guess so" he said changing his shoes. "Oh dad I passed my project, I got a B" he smiled. "Word, that's wassup gimme some" I said placing my hand up for a hi five. "I'm proud of you" I said shaking his head. "Now go run your laps cuz your late" I said.

Later that evening

I walked in my room to see Kai looking through my closet. "Need something" I said. "Oh hey ma, you ever happen to find my jacket. You said you was going to take it to the dry cleaners" He said.

"Oh I'm sorry baby, I forgot. I'll take it first thing in the morning. Matter of fact, just text me in the morning to remind me" I said.

"Okay cool" he said beginning to walk to his room. "Kai" I called.

"Yeah mom" he said. "Give me a hug, I miss you so much and your growing up on me and becoming a young man. I can't take it " I whined. He rolled his eyes "I'm only 10"he said.

"I know but then you'll be 16 soon, my little baby. I don't know what I would do without you know that" I said. He smiled back hugging me either tighter. "I love you too mom, your smothering me" he laughed. I let go of him "I'm sorry, okay go continue doing whatever you were doing" I said.

Makai quickly went in his room shutting the door. He sat by his desk getting back on FaceTime with Anthony. "What took you so long man? He asked. "My mom was confessing her motherly feelings towards me" he laughed. "So did you place the underwear in there? He asked.

"I still can't believe you gave me a pair of your moms Vickie's. Yeah I placed it under the bed by her shoes" I whispered.

"Yo, you my nigga man, your mom is going to spazz on him then break up with his ass" he said.

"Wait can you even say nigga? I asked him. "I'm half black estupido " he said. "Oh my bad Ant, I did forget your dad is black and Puerto Rican" Kai said.

"So what are we going to do with your mom because my dad doesn't live with your mother? I asked.

"I don't know we'll figure something out" I said.

Tionne

I finally heard Davon come into the house and I was happy. Seems like I haven't seen him in centuries all he does is work work and work. I can't complain much he helps pay the bills and treats my son like his. "Wassup baby" he smiled closing the door. "Hi baby" I smiled jumping on him. "I missed you" he smiled pecking me on the lips. "I missed you more, I just wish you were home more often" I frowned.

"I do too my manager been on our ass. He wants us to do everything for his company. He doesn't even lift a finger but at least the I miss you sex is even better" he bit his lip crawling on top of me. "Uh uh" I said

"What? He asked.

"We can't do this now; my child is still up" I said. "So what? Just turn the TV up loud" he said. "No, just wait until he sleeps" I said.

"His ass be up til 4 in the morning" he argued. I began to laugh undressing myself "shower"??? I asked. He nodded his head following me.

OMGGGG Makai is not playing lmaooo