Chapter 9 : insecure

Flashback

We sat on the couch in silence. Both of our families. Rashad's mother and father were taking it way better than my parents. Both of them were pissed and my two sisters were confused. "Unbelievable" my mother said getting up.

"Me and your father worked too damn hard for you to ruin your life like this. Do you know how damn hard it is to raise 3 daughters? She yelled

"The minute you turned 16, you just started showing your ass and thinking your grown" she yelled. "Joy please calm down" my father begged.

"No Gregory " she yelled. "Did you two use protection? She asked.

"Yeah" we both said in unison. "Then what the fuck happened? His mom yelled. This was so stressful I was getting fussed out on both ends.

"I don't know it just happened" Rashad said. "Do you not know what is going on? You can wish your college years' goodbye, pro ball goodbye" his mom yelled at him.

"And you can wish those 4 years at Howard I been working hard to get you in goodbye. For goodness sakes you have a little sister that looks up to you and you just want to be hoeing around being all fresh" she yelled. I began to cry

"Don't give me those tears" my mom said walking over to me. Out of no where she hit me. "I can't believe this, I can't believe you're not even and adult. You're still a fucking kid" she yelled attacking me.

I pushed her off of me "MA STOP" I yelled. "NO YOU'RE GETTING AN ABORTION AND THAT'S FINAL. I'M NOT GOING TO BE A GRANDMOTHER AT 40" she yelled pulling my arm. "NOOOO please" I begged.

"WE'RE GOING NOWWW" she yelled pulling me towards the kitchen. "Joy calm down" he yelled. "You're hurting her" Rashad yelled. "All the mentoring programs, honors programs, debutantes, for you to turn around a be a hoe" she yelled. "I'm not a hoe, it was a mistake" I cried. "You can't make mistakes in this house" she yelled.

"I wan't you out, you can live with Rashad and be grown together"

"Joy that's enough" My dad yelled pulling her off of me. "GO CALM DOWN, TAKE A WALK OR DO WHATEVER THE HELL YOU GOTTA DO" he yelled.

"Fine" she yelled walking off. "Dad I'm sorry" I cried walking off. "I don't know what to do" I yelled. Rashad's family pulled me into a hug they weren't as cruel as my parents. I completely broke down my mom just beat me and tried to drag me a clinic.

"Tionne" My dad called. "You two laid down like adults so you two are going to have to make a decision" he said.

End of flashback

Rashad

I walked upstairs from taking a nap. I was on my way to head to the gym. I needed to exercise some of this stress off. Angel still isn't answering my calls, I'm at the moment where I guess I have to call it quits. I grabbed my keys from off her coffee table and opened the door. I noticed her car was still parked out front. I was getting a little concerned with Tionne. Makai told me ever since her and ole boy broke up she hasn't been working. I know that she holds her own when it comes to bills and there's never any financial problems but not working for weeks is a problem.

"Yo Tee" I yelled closing the door. I rolled my eyes walking up the steps. "Tionne" I yelled. There was still no answer. I figured she was sleep but it was 2pm and she would be up right now. I slowly opened her door to see her laid out on the bed.

"Tionne" I yelled. "Hmmm" she groaned slowly getting up. She finally opened her eyes and jumped once she saw me.

"What you doing sleeping in so late? I asked.