Chapter 16: Guilt Trip

Rashad

I was at a fitting room with my brother his groomsmen and my father. It felt good to be the best man in his wedding that was quickly approaching us. I adjusted his collar looking in the mirror with him. "Damn my little bro getting married and shit how you feel? I asked

"I'm excited I love Candy, I can't wait for this wedding to be over with and to start a family" he said fixing his bowtie.

"Yeah you do that bro, the right way. I'm proud of you" I said. He turned around "I'm proud of you too bro, don't go down playing yourself" he said.

"I'm not I'm just glad you got the woman you really want to be with and settle down with because that marriage shit just aunt for me" I said.

"Oh please boy, you just shit talking" my dad chimed in.

"I'm not I'm just playa made" I said. "This nigga just use that as his defense mechanism. He doesn't know what he wants to settle down with a good woman" My cousin E said. Everyone around me was either engaged or married.

"Okay its not about me right now" I said.

"You made it about you so obviously something is on your mind" My dad said.

"Pshhh I'm good, I was just saying I don't think I could marry someone none of the women I ever dated I wanted to marry" I explained adjusting my tie.

My brother began coughing "TI-ONNE" he coughed covering his mouth. I began laughing "Yeah when I was 20" I said.

"Pause what on earth happened at your mother's house? All I know is Tionne was going off? My dad asked.

"It was Angel man, she been pushing her buttons for a while and Tionne just lost it completely she even got in my ass that night, I liked it but I didn't like it" I explained.

"Hmm that girl probably going through some things, never know what the people you are the closest to are going through. She's never acting that way ever" he said

"Yeah she's changing" I said

"Glad you broke up with Angel though, that jawn was crazy" Tyriq said. "Yeah I'm over her for real I gotta start looking for someone else, that's chill and aunt with the drama" I said dapping my cousin up.

"You don't need to find no other woman there's a great woman in front of your face but you playing" My dad said.

"Can we please change the subject? I said rolling my eyes. I was tired of people shoving Tionne down my throat, were not together and that's that.

"How much you wanna bet he's going to fall in love again or is already on the low" he laughed.

"Just because we get along okay" I said. "You mad nigga? He laughed.

"Yooo quit playing with me before I beat your ass" I said.

Tionne

On the 30-minute car ride home all that was rewinding in my head was our session. Its so crazy how one hour of venting with a professional can open your eyes to a lot of things. I for one knew that I needed to further express how I feel to Rashad. I never knew I needed answers but maybe that'll help me feel better. Its not like I want us back together but I want to at least know why we broke up? All I could remember was him telling me he needs space and we should see other people. I don't even think I reacted, I think I just said okay and just let that happen. Even though I was pissed from the other day I know deep down that's not how I should have handled things. His grandmother was his second mom so I can understand how frustrating it was getting two grown women to stop arguing. I know he needs my support he always acts tough like he doesn't have emotions but to make him feel better I'll drop it for now.