Chapter 59: Still Down

I smiled as I felt his arm around my stomach. He was super excited about this baby and it was refreshing to see. He always showered me and baby with affection on the daily. I turned around facing him. These past months, I could really see the change in him. He was more alert to my feelings and I no longer felt unappreciated. He pulled me closer "You good baby? He asked half sleep. "Mmm" I smiled.

He yawned finally opening his eyes. He got up getting from bed. I bit my lip staring at his chiseled back. He walked over towards me pulling my hand. I slowly got up, wobbling to our bathroom. This was our daily routine, we both get up, take a shower. I cook breakfast and send Kai off to school. I then watch Rashad get ready for class. I then get ready for work and finish up on my classes. It's been a bit stressful for the both of us, I know Rashad was over classes and going to work after.

I constantly tell him that we're okay financially and he doesn't have to overwork himself, but he's scared that we'll run out of money or something. I was stressed from classes, worrying about if I was to graduate on time, worrying if my future would pick up. Once I brushed my teeth, I laid back in the bed. 6 months and this baby was draining the life out of me. I had no energy what so ever. I glanced at the time and it was 7:00am, way too early for anything. He sat beside me "It's too damn early" he sighed kissing my cheek.

"I know; I'm tired" I whined. "I gotta cook breakfast" I said. "You good, I'll buy me something on my way to class" he ensured

"I know but Kai has to eat, that cafeteria food is nasty" I said. "He's capable of making him breakfast. It's pop tarts down there and bagels" he suggested. I began laughing "That's not enough" I whined.

"You baby him too much, what I tell you about that" he said. "I can't help it" I whined. "Oh, and coming from the dad that constantly buys him every pair of Jordan's" I chuckled.

"That's sneakers though "he said getting up to check on him, I could hear them talking so I know he was getting dressed. I sighed turning over, desperately wanting to go back to sleep but I had 6 clients to do.

2 hours later

I sat on the stool patiently waiting for Takari to come over so I could touch up her color. She was on the phone too busy talking mess. I grabbed my cup of ice pouring it in my mouth. She finally sat down "My bad, I had to take care of some business" she said. "Ummhm" I said draping her.

"Don't you need to be on bed rest" she giggled. "Yes, she sure does" Danielle said behind me. I turned around rolling my eyes "First off, I got things to do and secondly, after I have this baby. Rashad and I are going on vacation" I said.

She smiled "I still can't believe ya'll together. I remember a few months back Angel was sitting right in your seat" she said. I laughed "I know right, aint life crazy" I said brushing the bleach on her roots. "Life sure is, life come at ya fast,blew that back out now you're pregnant" she said. "Okay I get it" I blushed turning back around.

"So what are we naming my god baby? She asked. "Mmm Rhylan or Ryan. So far" I said.

"I love Ryan" Takari grinned. "Me too, but Rashad likes Rhylan" I said. "Well Rashad ain't doing no pushing" Danielle laughed.

"What is this girl talking about? Takari said lowly. "Niggas love getting their baby momma's that they don't really fuck with, pregnant" she read

"What you looking at? I asked opening my eyes so I could see the post. She quickly tried to swipe up, but I saw the familiar username. I rolled my eyes at the typical shade.