Chapter 36: Progression

The Next Day

"Wait what happened? I asked trying not to laugh. He sighed "Imani got mad at me because I looked at another girl's butt and she stormed off and hasn't talked to me since" He explained. I began laughing to the point where I couldn't breathe. If anyone tells you boys are hard to raise is a lie. To have a mini version of yourself and hear things like this is hilarious. We were in the car talking after his practice.

"Oh man" I chuckled some more. "Dad I'm being serious" he said. "I know its serious man" I laughed.

"Okay how long did you look at this other girl's butt? I asked. "It wasn't a girl .. it was a woman" he said. My eyes widened, this was my child. I've always been attracted to older woman. "Forreal was it fat? I asked

"Yeah" he laughed. "Look son, there's a difference between a glimpse and a stare. You probably stared" I explained

"Yeah I did, I just couldn't help it" he said.

"Just glimpse like a quick 1,2,3" I said.

"Women don't like that okay. So just tell little Imani that your sorry" I said. "I'm trying to but she won't answer my calls, she ignores me in class" he said. I could tell he was really heartbroken and defeated over this. I looked at my watch to check the time. This whole situation reminded me that I have to show him how to own up to his mistakes and to be a man. Although this isn't serious at all. They're a bunch of middle schoolers so this situation is World War 2.

"Where does she live? I asked.

"Down the street from Ant" he said.

I handed him the bouquet of roses and candy from out the bag. "What do I say? He asked.

"Tell her your sorry, you know sweet talk her like how I do your mom" I said. He raised his brow "You sweet talk mom? He asked. "Just go" I said.

"I'll say I'm sorry Imani I just couldn't help it" he said. I palmed my face "Hell no, don't say that shit" I laughed.

"Just say sorry and how you miss her and it won't happen it again" I said. He nodded his head getting out the car. I shook my head you would think he was getting a divorce. I watched him ring the doorbell at her house. His father opened the door and I could tell on his face that he was confused. I rolled down the window showing my face. He waved as I nodded my head. "Nigga is a fucking giant" I mumbled.

Imani came to the door as I watched them talking. I snapped a picture also making a snap. Tionne called me and I quickly picked up.

"Yeah"

"Where you at? She asked.

"I'm at Imani's house" I said. "Who's Imani? She asked. I chuckled on the side "No one baby, just a friend" I said playing with her.

"Um well you have fun over Imani's house" she said. I laughed "I'm playing" I said sending her the picture. "You play too much" she said.

"You sound like you were going to kill me" I said. "No I wasn't cuz I know you, I know your ways" she said.

"Yeah yeah I'm a new man" I said. "Awwww what is my baby doing? She asked. "I took him over to Imani's house to apologize. She left the party early because Kai was staring at an ladies ass" I explained.

She laughed "The apple don't fall too far from the tree "she laughed. "Yeah yea I let him get some flowers and now they're choppin it up" I explained

"Aww that is so sweet, you're sweetie pie when you want to be" she said.

I laughed "You know you've been talking hella shit" I said peeking out the window at them hugging. "Its facts" she laughed