Chapter 6: PLAYED

Rashad

"If you don't get your El Debarge , just let ya soul glow, light skin , man crush monday head ass out of here" I chuckled joking with my brother.

"Fuck outta here wit cho monkey looking , Jay-Z looking, luck of the irish, hakeem from empire looking ass outta here" Tyriq said. We both began to laugh; we were at the basketball court teaching Kai how to roast people. Instead of him being upset and ready to fight he can just take these young bulls out here have them crying.

"See what I mean look Kai" I said holding his shoulder. "All you gotta do is slander these dudes with the jokes and they wont bother you" I said.

"Your dad is right now try it" Tyriq said. He smiled turning towards me. "Dad you look like that dude from that-

"Ehh too slow, you gotta be faster than that like this. Tyriq you look like one of them R&B niggas, pretty ricky, whining with ya if I had one wish head ass" I laughed. "Yo Jaleel" I called. Jaleel was one of kids that stayed on the court I would see from time to time. Everyone on the court knew me this was the court that I practiced on so I had to pass it along. "Wassup Shad" he said dapping me up.

"Sup man" I said. "Look I need you two to roast each other. Kai gotta learn how to roast these little nappy headed boys in his class so school him yo. Plus, Kai you aint a Philly kid if you can't roast" I said.

"Ard so look I got on these fried ass shoes on but they only the shoes I play ball in. You can come at my shoes and tell me how bad they look; you can look at my busted haircut. I know I look bad today so I'm not tripping ,go head" he said

Kai starting laughing "Jaleel if you don't get your dusty shoes, underground railroad, in need of a line up, can I get your number, toddler looking ass out of here"

"Ohhhhhhhh" Tyriq and I started screaming. "Okay son" I laughed.

"Aye nephew there you go" Tyriq cheered him on.

Jaleel laughed looking at Kai "Man get your roll bounce, Elmo from sesame street, jayz and ludacris had a baby head ass out of here" he laughed. We all began to laugh. "What you got? Jaleel said

"Jaleel get your young baby teeth looking ass on. How you 18 with baby teeth? You gotta still eat gerber snacks and what are those the Harriet Tubman 8's "he said. My eyes widened I was laughing hard as hell. I knew my son had it in him, it's a Smith thing it runs in the family. "Ard you got it Kai" he laughed dapping him up. Jaleel was way older so that stuff aint get to him.

"Thanks yo" I said. I always felt bad for Jaleel his parents aren't around like they're supposed to be he's only 18 getting by. I know he work two jobs to take care of his family. "Yo Jaleel" I said.

"Wassup" he walked back over. I reached in my pocket grabbing my wallet. I gave him $30 dollars. "Here get you some food man, do whatever with it. You a good kid" I said.

"Thanks fam, I appreciate it" he said giving me a hug. "No doubt" I said. "Where my money at? Kai said.

"Boy get out of here, stop being a bad ass and I may give you some change" I said. "Well I am your child" he said. I smirked "I know you are come on let's get you home" I said.

"No dad we have that project assembly thing" He said. "Oh yeah okay well come on" I said. "Oh if your mom asks where we played at just say the Y now okay" I said

"Okay"

"And don't be cussing alright. You roast at appropriate times alright" I said. "Okay pops" he said. "Okay now pound it" I said. He placed his fist against mine before getting in the car.

We when arrived at the school we stood by the lobby waiting for Tionne. "Dad" he said. "What? I asked.

"Mommy, she's been crying a lot. Like I hear her sometimes at night" he said. "Really? I asked even though I wasn't surprised. It sucked that she was going through this you know Tee is full of life and sunshine and lately she has been a little on the dull side which is understandable.

"What you want me to do? I asked

"Make her feel better, I guess" he said. "Isn't it called makeup se-" I cut him off mid sentence "You're out of pocket buddy" I said trying not to laugh. I placed my hands on my face embarrassed. Makai was like a 2 year old  when you never know when they're gonna say their first cussing word. "No son there's no such thing" I shook my head this little dude knew nothing which was good. I on the other hand was missing my Angel like crazy but she wants nothing to do with me. Hopefully if I see her at the assembly she'll be there and we can talk. I watched Tionne walk in with sweat pants on a big t-shirt on and a scarf around her head. Half of her hair was down.

"Hey" she said.

"Hey Cinderella" I said. She rolled her eyes at me looking at Kai. "Hey ma" he said. "Hi cutie" she smiled pinching his cheek. We both walked in sitting together walking right into the presentation.

"Project Parents is a 2-week project that is required. Project parent is a behavioral study evaluating how your children act in a single parent home vs two parent home. Any parents that are separated and or divorced are required to live together for two weeks

"FUCK" we both said under our breath.

This couldn't be happening "There will be a track sheet and everyday you will mark down the behavior of your child. At the end of the two weeks both parents will mark down their observations of their child's behavior" she explained.

"Fuck fuck fuck" I said in my head. Tionne and I living together would be a disaster we tried living together when Kai was 2 that was a failure we even lived together when her parents kicked her out the house.

"Any questions? The speaker asked. I raised my hand high "Yes sir with the red jacket" she said

"Is every student doing this? I asked

"No each teacher hand picked and decided what students/parents she wanted to be apart of this. Our studies show improved behavior immediately" she said. I looked over at Kai he seemed excited and I glanced at Tionne she had an attitude and was on the phone. I looked up to see Angel from afar. She had a disgusted look on her face. I even saw her son's father beside her.

"Wow this is crazy" Tionne said

Makai knows more than they think lmao

SN: I'm from Bmore so I'm trying my best to incorporate our slang with philly's slang because our accents are similar but we just use different words. If you're from philly, comment some slang words and the meanings. So I can incorporate them. I'll even shout you out :)

Like & Comment